Shotgun messiah

Dairenn

Recording Artist
Reaction score
I realize this has an "80s" sound to it, but this broke in 1991 and not even the same band members were in this group before 1991. This is off their Second Coming CD, track 5, "Heartbreak Boulevard."

Just listen to that electric guitar work! (I'm using the word electric as an adjective rather than a noun, heh.) That deep, GROWLING bass line is no joke either. Goes right along with that gut-punching bass drum they have kicking this mid-tempo, grooving rocker. This was the metal I know and love. ;-)

LOU/REALM

Reaction score
Now theres a band Ive neglected! I have a copy of their debut album in my collection, must dig it out and give it a spin.........what ever happened to these guys~?
heres one of my faves from that album :cheers2

LOU/REALM

Reaction score
ye gods.....ididnt know that ex vocalist Tim Skold....plays bass with MARILYN MANSON !!.......How have i missed that? lol didnt recognise him:bonk: :D

Last edited:

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Heh! This is a fabulous band. This band's sound is the exact reason why I love glam and the 80's so much.

Pre-Shotgum Messiah:

187610.jpg

They re-recorded this album as their debut.

Of course they got 0 radio airtime around here, I discovered them through a sleazy 80's website.

aeroplane

In Urgent Need of Advice
Reaction score
These guys were fun. I liked Bop City and Shout It Out from the debut. The Second Coming album had a few good tunes, my favorites being Living Without You, Nobody's Home and Heartbreak Blvd.

I'll admit that I liked the first vocalist, Zinny J. Zan, slightly better but Tim Skold was all right, too. I think the band transitioned pretty well when they switched singers.

For those of you who like Tim Skold's work in KMFDM or Marilyn Manson, I'd HIGHLY recommend tracking down the hard to find "Skold" solo album he did in 1996. Pretty good stuff, it moves further in the same direction that Violent New Breed did. The cd is out of print but if you look around long enough, I'm sure you could find it for a decent price.

Zinny J. Zan's solo work and his new Zan Clan band is also worth looking into. His 2002 City Boy Blues cd is a pretty good Thin Lizzy-style album.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
V1nnipoof

Members online