Danielle Ate The Sandwich (Official)

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score
So this isn't going to be like my usual threads for appreciating artists what with the sea of facts, detailed history, and everything like that. The reason for this is because Danielle is a very undiscovered artist and most of that simply is not available but I'll do what I can.

DanielleAtetheSandwich.jpg

Official Site
Official Youtube
Official Facebook
Official Myspace

"Hoping to write songs in a style all her own, she tells her stories using honest words, vivid imagery, a bittersweet voice and a small, but striking ukulele."

Danielle Ate The Sandwich is the name of Danielle Anderson's musical vehicle. According to her myspace she original just sang and played music at open mic nights in Fort Collins, Colorado but word of her work spread and she began to play all over the state. Thanks to her videos on Youtube she has gained a strong enough fan base to make this her career and tour the country (mostly just Colorado and California it seems though). DATS has released one album on her own so far and there is a new one due out in July.

Also I'd like to make note of a personal observation which is that Danielle has the most warm and infectious smile I have ever seen.

(A personal favorite by her)

(This was a song that my friend Erin posted elsewhere and first brought Danielle to my attention)

(And now two cover songs because Danielle is covers pop songs frequently on her Youtube account)

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
Re: Danielle Ate The Sandwich

Hey Cosmic, when you first introduced me to this artist, doing a cover at the time, I wasn't necessarily blown away but I was curious to hear more. The rest at the time I heard were more covers. Thought they were cute. I tell you what I really don't care for and it's a me thing. I don't like when youtube artist do quirky little intros. Usually I don't get the humor. Anyway, I listened to The Wanderer and it's my favorite thing by her so far. I'm more interested now thanks to the thread and that song. I'll have to revisit the rest later. :grinthumb

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score

I tell you what I really don't care for and it's a me thing. I don't like when youtube artist do quirky little intros. Usually I don't get the humor.

Usually I don't either but I think Danielle's are actually pretty clever and fun (what can I say? I like quirky things. :D) . But if you really just don't like them then you'll be dreading the beginning of all of her videos because almost all of them have quirky little intros.

(Just to fill in the joke at the beginning of "The Wanderer" ((because jokes are just SOOO much funnier when someone breaks them down)), usually she uploads a video every couple of weeks but recorded three songs that day so....that's about all there is to that.)

Anyway, I listened to The Wanderer and it's my favorite thing by her so far. I'm more interested now thanks to the thread and that song. I'll have to revisit the rest later. :grinthumb

Glad you liked it Sooty. I look forward to hearing more of what you think. :grinthumb

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score

Usually I don't either but I think Danielle's are actually pretty clever and fun (what can I say? I like quirky things. :D) . But if you really just don't like them then you'll be dreading the beginning of all of her videos because almost all of them have quirky little intros. Glad you liked it Sooty. I look forward to hearing more of what you think. :grinthumb

Well, unlike most people I realize how easy it is to skip things I don't like. :heheh: I have no problem skipping ahead to the music! :grinthumb

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score

A nice interview with Danielle from last summer.

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score

Danielle Ate The Sandwich covers Lady Gaga's "Bad Romance" at the recent Underground Music Showcase.....which happened to have been held in a Goodwill parking lot.

I actually like the original version of "Bad Romance" but I've got to say that if Danielle recorded a studio version of their rendition then I'd probably favor theirs because I think this sounds awesome. :grinthumb

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score

Not too long after my last post in this thread over a year ago Danielle Ate The Sandwich recorded and released a studio version of "Bad Romance" (which I wanted) and I can say that it's my favorite rendition of that song (followed closely by Lissie's).

Something I like even more than that though is her newest original song "The Have Nots", which has some really pretty acoustics from being playing a church in this video.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IsisOFlynn

Members online