Shannon Tweed walks off set on Gene Simmons (Joy Behar show)

ILoveJimmyPage

Reaction score
Well.. The truth about the Kardashian girls is they have done well in marketing themselves (along with their mothers help) and even though they were the children of the famous OJ Simpson lawyer Robert Kardashian,they have done alot more than Paris Hilton as far as having at least the brains to know how to dress themselves.
But I watched the show and it's quite good as far as another "family" reality show.. It beats the hell out of "The Real World" and other shows I've watched.
Bruce Jenner I'm sure is proud of his step daughters. They get out there and work besides just doing appearances.

But back to the Tweed thing.. Yes Shannon has had some roles in quite a few movies, but I really think she isn't putting on a front for the show.. That would mean that Joy was in on the publicity stunt.
Joy asked some personal questions.. First off Gene has been faithful to Shannon for 28 years. He past the lie detector to prove that when Shannon failed!!
So for Joy to bring up a very old subject about Gene active sex life PRIOR to meeting or moving in with Shannon was just a question of dirt..
It was wrong for Joy to focus on that!!

Please tell me you're kidding. :rolleyes:

For the sake of not going TOO off topic I will just say this: I may not be a KISS fan but Gene Simmons made a career off of his talents and didn't need a reality show to stay in the limelight.

Paris and Kim are known for their "homemade movies", connections, fashion sense, photo ops and nothing more. :rolleyes:

Back in the 70's a lot of bands avoided overexposure to keep an aura of mystery around them, thus increasing their appeal and making fans want to learn more and thus buy their albums. Zeppelin was a good example of this what with avoiding too many interviews and such. Nowadays, music artists have to create controversies and crazy getups and stupid TV shows to get attention. It's pathetic, IMHO. :peek

Slip'nn2Darkness

Sub Sonic Soul Shaker
Reaction score
ON that subject, I saw that episode, or at least the part in the studio with Bonnaduci and whoever else was there. You have to admit, those questions were worded just right though too. Ie; the ultimate cheating question was something like "in the time you've been with Shannon, have you ever made love to another woman". His answer was no and it passed the lie detector test.

However, in at least some people's minds, "making love" and "****ing" aren't necessarily the same thing. a guy might make love to his wife (or life partner in Shannon's case) but yet still **** a groupie.

*shrug*

The whole 2000+ women that he's supposedly slept with has been an ongoing thing for many years, whose to say if it's real or not. I'm sure he did his fair share of messing around with the ladies over the years, but I think that number is more about the pictures that he's supposedly taken as opposed to the number of women he's actually slept with. *double shrug*

Well... :D First off Joy said you've slept with 5.000 women.. And on the show it was 2.000 and then I heard on another show Gene admitting it was 3.000.. So your a guy Lynch.. Can you honestly count every girl you've ever smeckled??:oyea:
But I think Gene has been faithful to Shannon. Really.. She was a Playboy bunny and of course she is a grounded , a little jealous at times but she's a good woman and Gene knows that and my guess is he's jewish and wants to please his mother being up holding the Jewish faith to marry a jewish girl.
Shannon may not like that but she might just have to wait it out till Mom in law dies!!:)

Slip'nn2Darkness

Sub Sonic Soul Shaker
Reaction score
Please tell me you're kidding. :rolleyes:

For the sake of not going TOO off topic I will just say this: I may not be a KISS fan but Gene Simmons made a career off of his talents and didn't need a reality show to stay in the limelight.
I was serious Mrs. Page..:heheh: But here's something to consider.. And please to others reading this, but Gene comes from a Jewish up bringing.. Now most Jewish business people I know are hard working and great business minded people.
I live in Florida and see this first hand. It's hard to explain but when you've spent years watching their thinking.. You would understand why Gene Simmons is a ace of a money maker..:cheers2

ILoveJimmyPage

Reaction score
Why any woman would want to "be with" Gene Simmons is completely beyond me. :bonk::bonk::bonk:

Slip'nn2Darkness

Sub Sonic Soul Shaker
Reaction score
Um, I please the 5th! :peek

:heheh: It's like Gene walks around with a counter in his pocket.. Set's a goal for say and even 25 today..:heheh: Then decides 3.000 is enough.. Time to settle down with Shannon and just have married man sex..:grinthumb

Slip'nn2Darkness

Sub Sonic Soul Shaker
Reaction score
Why any woman would want to "be with" Gene Simmons is completely beyond me. :bonk::bonk::bonk:

security sweetie.. Some girls look for that over looks.. And Gene wasn't bad looking years ago!! He's like 63 now.. Both him and Shannon look great for their age!!

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score
Gene is of the mindset that any publicity is good publicity. I'm pretty sure he's said that more than once. He's a marketing genius in the fact that KISS is still out there, many years past their "hey day" and still you will see merchandising stuff ranging from comic books to clothing to collectibles. Family Jewels is nothing more than another branch of keeping the KISS name out there, if if it's centered around Gene and his family.

As for reality shows, I'm not a fan of any of them, whether it be Survivor, MTV-style reality bullshit or Ozzy/Gene family BS on tv. So I'm certainly not defending any of that, I'm just saying it's really nothing more than another marketing ploy, and of course another source of income.

Slip'nn2Darkness

Sub Sonic Soul Shaker
Reaction score
As for reality shows, I'm not a fan of any of them, whether it be Survivor, MTV-style reality bullshit or Ozzy/Gene family BS on tv. So I'm certainly not defending any of that, I'm just saying it's really nothing more than another marketing ploy, and of course another source of income.

Well.. then if it's a marketing ploy why did he choose the Joy Behar show??? Who watches that!! And if it was a ploy.. then why wasn't say TMZ or the tabloids running with the story?? Anyways.. I guess if the element of Gene being crafty and pulling something like this just to gain some publicity wasn't already a known fact, then if he is having real troubles with Shannon then only time will tell..:cheers2

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score
Oh I wasn't talking about the Joy Beher show itself, but just the Family Jewels series.

I am guessing that what happened on Joy's show was also a ploy for ratings/viewers, but time will tell. If Shannon flies the coop, we'll definitely know it was real. If she stays at home, then we may never really know if it was BS or not. *shrug*

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Murphy_orrest

Members online