Shannon Tweed walks off set on Gene Simmons (Joy Behar show)

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
What makes KISS and the make up "cooler" is to always remind ourselves that these were guys in their early 20's doing it. Much much cooler to think about as a concept. If we just think it's 40 something on up doing it, I can see where some may think it's silly, but everything has it's roots.

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
In fact here's a cool shot of Paul Stanley (left) and Ace frehley (right) back in the glorious 70's as youngin's. Not meaning to derail but since we're posting old pics of Gene....why not.

228702_1749636617071_1123504840_31431145_5613559_n.jpg

Slip'nn2Darkness

Sub Sonic Soul Shaker
Reaction score
What makes KISS and the make up "cooler" is to always remind ourselves that these were guys in their early 20's doing it. Much much cooler to think about as a concept. If we just think it's 40 something on up doing it, I can see where some may think it's silly, but everything has it's roots.

MP I have some friends on Facebook who I grew up with and they remember going to go see KISS in 1974 along with ZZ TOP.. The one thing they say is that the make up scared the shit out of them..:heheh:
But looking back at it now I think the whole stage show and make up was one of their best idea's.. I'm glad to see they came back with wearing the costumes and make up.. It's cool!!

Slip'nn2Darkness

Sub Sonic Soul Shaker
Reaction score
In fact here's a cool shot of Paul Stanley (left) and Ace frehley (right) back in the glorious 70's as youngin's. Not meaning to derail but since we're posting old pics of Gene....why not.

228702_1749636617071_1123504840_31431145_5613559_n.jpg

Funny how Paul didn't change too much in looks out of them all.. My wife thinks he looks the best!!:heheh:

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score
Yeah, I think Paul's looks stayed pretty similar through his whole career.

Gene's looks would have too, at least to an extent had he not had such a fascination with cookies.

:heheh:

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
Yeah he does. My brother can back up the "scary" opinion as well. He worked a KISS show back in '74 and said regular guys walked in wearing bell bottoms and before showtime someone tapped him on the shoulder and when he turned around, he was staring at a hairy chest. Looked up at a "STAR" eye staring back at him asking him a question.

Of course it was Paul and my brother was all "Whoah"...but he said he was just jaw dropped watching them. He was on Ace's side of the stage.

He's still a huge KISS fan to this day and this is a guy who is all Beatles, Dylan ect. The only thing? He didn't know back then how big they would become and the empty make up jars and stuff that were left behind were tossed out.

:wa :pullhair:

Slip'nn2Darkness

Sub Sonic Soul Shaker
Reaction score
^^^ ACK!! Hindsite really can hurt you..:heheh:

Hey watching this video of a concert they did in 1974 makes me think back what would I have thought of them back then..
First Glam bands were starting to pop up in my area like T-Rex and Edgar Winter doing his They only come out at night thing..
Now truely if I would have went to this concert and seen these guys.. I probably would have liked the music and would have wondered about the costumes.
It's hard to say if I would have been hooked since my whole music thing was mostly Three Dog Night.. Chicago.. Tower of Power .. War and alot of funk fusion music..

LG and Magic are going to spank us for going off topic..:heheh:

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score
Nah, still talking about Kiss and and in a Gene Simmons thread, KISS is bound to come up.

If you start talking about Bob Dylan or some shit though, I'm gonna slap a restraining order on yer ass!

Astrid Kirchherr65

Classic 60's Chick
Reaction score
^^^ and 18 years later, this is what they both looked like. :heheh:

I think Nick is like 6'5"

nickandgene.jpg

This one is more recent, from last month. Gene's kids Nick and Sophie

nickandsophie.jpg

I think Genes' kids are awesome..They don't let him do the ROCKSTAR thing !:grinthumb

Nick is wayyyy better looking then Gene :)
look out :heheh:

I like his shy personality too..

Sophie is beautiful..Gene good luck there :heheh:
the old 'dawg' thing will bite cha' in the butt there..you DON'T want your sweet girl dating a guy like you ! lol

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustybroom

Staff online

Members online