Sammy Hagar Says Chickenfoot Is Better Than Van Halen

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Good lord those are two gawd awful looking pictures first thing in the morning.:eek:

Both could be poster boys for How not to overindulge in alcohol and drugs and what you will end up looking like.:heheh:

After thinking all this over, I feel Sammy is just doing this for PR reasons more than anything else. If reporters are going to stick a microphone in front of him and ask him about VH he's going to let fly. It keeps him and Chickenfoot front and center, and keeps people wondering about VH, which is not really necessary because millions of old fans are wondering about the new VH line-up without any extra drama.

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
Man that CD is gonna fly off the shelves, just cause it has the famous VH on the cover. :heheh:

Slip'nn2Darkness

Sub Sonic Soul Shaker
Reaction score
Considering the silly stuff Sammy keeps saying to reporters, I wouldn't trust anything he wrote in his book to be factually accurate.

:wtf: OK.. sure.. He just wrote a autobiography and it's a bunch of hot wind.
What he covered in the book about Van Halen was pretty much exactly what everybody already knew from the press..
Given the way things went with Roth and Eddie and Alex it goes to show you the amount of EGO's that were disrupting the band.
To me.. Eddie didn't do well with his crown.. It went to his head and he messed up and just couldn't recover.. He wasted his talent and now's he's having a hard time regaining what he once had..
His playing is nothing like it used to be.. Plus.. these guys first started out over 30 years ago..
The title of this said. "Sammy Hagar Say's Chickenfoot Is Better Man For Man Than Van Halen"
That has some truth to it if you ask me.. And don't get me wrong thinking I don't believe Van Halen will sell the shit out of this CD.. But lets just see if the honest truth comes out as to IF.. it's as good as it gets for their new back in the saddle talked about for a long time CD..

Last edited:

coltrane2

Musicologist
Reaction score
What he covered in the book about Van Halen was pretty much exactly what everybody already knew from the press..
Given the way things went with Roth and Eddie and Alex it goes to show you the amount of EGO's that were disrupting the band.
To me.. Eddie didn't do well with his crown.. It went to his head and he messed up and just couldn't recover.. He wasted his talent and now's he's having a hard time regaining what he once had..
His playing is nothing like it used to be.. Plus.. these guys first started out over 30 years ago..
The title of this said. "Sammy Hagar Say's Chickenfoot Is Better Man For Man Than Van Halen"
That has some truth to it if you ask me.. And don't get me wrong thinking I don't believe Van Halen will sell the shit out of this CD.. But lets just see if the honest truth comes out as to IF.. it's as good as it gets for their new back in the saddle talked about for a long time CD..

Yep, I've heard an advance of it (I'll buy it on Monday) and the new Van Halen album is excellent and I think most Van Halen fans will love it.

If it's an integrity competition then maybe Hagar wins. Who cares. Axl Rose was always an asshole, but it didn't make Appetite For Destruction any less of an LP.

As for Eddie not playing as well as he used to, you really do need to hear the new album... all the way through... in one sitting....then tell me you still think that's true. He's electric on this album.

Is it anywhere near as good as any of the classic six first Van Halen LP's? Probably not, well maybe it beats Diver Down as that was patchy. However, it's a great LP and by god does it rock like a ton of bricks. Not one ballad and more energy than three guys in their 50's and a 20 something fat kid have the right to muster.

Please just listen to the WHOLE Lp then judge it. We can all buy it on Monday and I'll be first in the queue.

Last edited:

Powerage

Let There Be Rock!
Reaction score

You're a Hagar fan, that's fine, but to suggest he wouldn't manipulate anything to make him look better is nothing but being blinded by love. All bands and artists do it, gets rid of any 'sharp corners' shall we say.

I've read Dave's book, albeit not recently, but he never mentioned that he wrote all the material. When he wrote that book, he wasn't in a good place with the Van Halen brothers, so if there was any point at which he could stick the knife, that would have been it. Maybe Hagar did write it all, but I think there is more too it than that.

coltrane2

Musicologist
Reaction score
I'm telling ya man, A Different Kind Of Truth is a great LP. Maybe even better than I first thought. Still no idea what Tattoo is doing on there. Definitely the worst track and doesn't fit with the absolute knock out, rock vibe.

Powerage

Let There Be Rock!
Reaction score
I'm telling ya man, A Different Kind Of Truth is a great LP. Maybe even better than I first thought. Still no idea what Tattoo is doing on there. Definitely the worst track and doesn't fit with the absolute knock out, rock vibe.

I heard Tattoo and went mental for it. Then they started to released 90 second clips of other tracks. In the UK they have released Blood & Fire and The Trouble With Never has like an extra Downloadable single.

They blow Tattoo out of the water. I've heard clips of China Town. Oh my shit that is heavy.

In a really convoluted way, I'm agreeing with you.:heheh:

According to my e-mails, the album is on it's way to me as we speak... :pullhair:

Rock Candy

Rock 'n' Roll Doctor
Reaction score

Agreed wholeheartedly, God knows how "Tattoo" even got on the album, let alone why it was released as the lead-off single. The album's sounding really good at first spin, I'm surprised how fast and heavy (Yet melodic and catchy as all buggery) it is!

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
V1nnipoof

Staff online

Members online