Roy Harper (Official Thread)

Big Ears

Music Lover
Reaction score
HQ is a great album with an excellent lineup. When an Old Cricketer Leaves the Crease is a fantastic track. Anyone know what the Stormcock album is like? It only has four long tracks and no rock band backing.

Sweaty

ThE OtHeR rAmOnE
Reaction score
Stormcock is excellent, I saw him do that on stage with the original orchestra from the album. I like all of his albums and he is a top geezer to boot. Would love to see him live just one more time but he is 70 now so maybe I will miss him:)

Big Ears

Music Lover
Reaction score
^ So you think it is worth getting?

I would have posted When An Old Cricketer Leaves the Crease, but it is already here, so I'm posting Hell's Angels by Roy with The Nice instead.

Marbles

Reaction score
Not dismissing "Cricketer" (or "HQ") - I just get a bit fed up with hearing it. My personal preference is the "Bullinamingvase" album and particularly "One Of Those Days In England" (the full version). Then of course there is "that" song that caused all the controversy and legal issues, featuring Paul & Linda McCartney and other members of Wings on BVs - the wonderful "Watford Gap".

Sweaty

ThE OtHeR rAmOnE
Reaction score
Each to their own, there are a lot of people who do not like Roy so it is good to see people listening to him at all:)

Marbles

Reaction score
Agreed. I'd love to see him live again but he doesn't do much these days. One of my fondest memories was back in (I think) '83 at Leicester Priory Folk Club, a really intimate little venue - certainly the smallest that I ever saw him in.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tayson ray

Members online