Rory Gallagher (Official Thread)

WKB

Reaction score
Gallagher is definitely one of my favourite guitarists. A Million Miles Away is my favourite of his songs.

E-Z

Reaction score
The sad truth about Rory Gallagher was that most people have forgotten or are to young to realize that nobody was interested in him from about the mid-1980s onwards (especially in the UK) until his death in 1995 i remember it well, it was a very 'lean time' being a Gallagher fan back then the only new albums he released was JINX in 1982, DEFENDER in 1987 and FRESH EVIDENCE in 1990 and that was it but since his death his stock has slowly risen with a new younger generation of rock fan's picking up on him through U-tube.

A rock friend of mine reckons that he unfortunately died at the wrong time in 1995 just at the advent of the Internet age where his exposure to old and more importantly new younger fan's would have given him a good reason to kick the alcohol and get himself cleaned up!!.

PJC

Reaction score
Once of Wigan (UK)...now Peoria Heights Illinois
E-Z RIDER...........makes a great point...had Rory made it into the web age he would have been astounded by his own popularity ....you only have to look at Facewhatsit...Youboob...Metacuppa or Dailylotion...Rory is all over the place, with huge ratings and viewing figures

E-Z

Reaction score
E-Z RIDER...........makes a great point...had Rory made it into the web age he would have been astounded by his own popularity ....you only have to look at Facewhatsit...Youboob...Metacuppa or Dailylotion...Rory is all over the place, with huge ratings and viewing figures

Thanks PJC for agreeing with yours truely :tongue:

The same rock friend of mines actually believes that far from being well managed by his brother Donal he was actually MISMANAGED from day one and his career went in a slow decline from the mid-1970s onwards!!. This guy ended up playing European Blues Festivals & back room pubs and locking himself away in a hotel room for 5 years before he died!!.

Donal Gallagher was a very small fish in a VERY BIG POND!!.

Bart

Reaction score
Thanks PJC for agreeing with yours truely :tongue:

The same rock friend of mines actually believes that far from being well managed by his brother Donal he was actually MISMANAGED from day one and his career went in a slow decline from the mid-1970s onwards!!. This guy ended up playing European Blues Festivals & back room pubs and locking himself away in a hotel room for 5 years before he died!!.

Donal Gallagher was a very small fish in a VERY BIG POND!!.

I wouldn't blame Donal. Rory was very difficult to manage and a very stubborn person.

You live life on the road and it will take it's toll. True Rory probably would be considered a blues institution if he had lived and recovered to better health. That didn't happen unfortunately but it's great to see his popularity returning to what it was in the 70's. Imagine him being around at now aged 26 or so. Forget Bonamassa etc. He'd clean up.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Craqdi

Staff online

Members online