Ringo Starr (Official Thread)

Hurdy Gurdy Man

Reaction score
Yeah,the "Ringo" set is more than fairly entertaining all throughout.Of course,there were the three top five singles,"Oh My My" and the album's two number ones "Photograph" which he co-wrote with George Harrison,and his wonderful remake of Johnny Burnette's "You're Sixteen".In the case of the latter,I think it's better than the original.I really dig the opening track,the John Lennon penned "I'm the Greatest".I know McCartney chimed in with the song "Six O'clock",a really nice ballad I think from side two of the vinyl copies.In a Rolling Stone Record Guide I once owned,this LP garnered a full five star rating.Or would that be a five STARR rating?

Hurdy Gurdy Man

Reaction score
A wonderful set that included three top five singles,"Oh My My" and the set's two number ones,"Photograph" that Richie co-wrote with George Harrison and Ringo's remake of the old Johnny Burnette hit "You're Sixteen".I feel Ringo's is the superior version.McCartney chimed in here with "Six O'clock",a nice ballad from side two of the vinyl versions.I really dig the album's opener,the John Lennon penned "I'm the Greatest".In a Rolling Stone Record Guide I once had,this one garnered a full five star rating.Or would that be a full five STARR rating?

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bringzip

Staff online

Members online