Ringo Starr (Official Thread)

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
Well it's the holiday season and time to break out Ringo's, I Wanna Be Santa Claus disc!!

:grinthumb

48204310fca0579645983010.L.jpg

TheFeldster

Mr Kite
Reaction score
Love that album

But can I just express my disappointment that when I typed "Little Drummer Boy", Ringo wasn't an option in the drop down suggestions, but both Justin Beiber and the cast of Glee was. *sigh*

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
:heheh:

Hey but yes that is a killer version of Drummer Boy! It's a rockin' holiday album!!

stepcousin

stuck in the 70's
Reaction score
I think if you wrote a song today called "You're 16, youre beautiful, and youre mine" people would think you were a creeper.

E-Z

Reaction score
I've got a very best of Ringo Starr cd with material mostly recorded during the 1970s and 1980s and i actually like listening to it every now and then more so then listening to the other ex-member's of the Beatle's other recording projects.

TheFeldster

Mr Kite
Reaction score
Got so excited there for a moment when I saw Ringo's new tune. Then I clicked play and got the disheartening "Sorry, the uploader hates Australia and doesn't want you yobbos down under to watch this. Please go to the shops and buy the album when they finally get a copy in. Thankyou"

(Perhaps not exactly those words. But I got that drift.)

Big Ears

Music Lover
Reaction score
Ringo's drumming on Abbey Road is constantly inventive, but he is underrated as a drummer, possibly because he was a Beatle. His drumming has even been criticised on TV here by 'celebrities' and journalists who do not know what they are talking about. There are highly-rated drummers (no names mentioned), who IMO are not as good as Ringo. Billy Cobham once said, "A band is only as good as its drummer."

I think Ringo from 1973 is a pretty good album and I always liked those singles.

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
I think he's a great drummer. It's not alwyas about fills and triplets!

He was a solid meter...one of the best back beat drummers goin'.

He's got the groove. :grinthumb