{Resolved} Sorry. The administrator has banned your IP address.

Groovy Man

I'm Not Like Everybody Else
Reaction score
Sorry. The administrator has banned your IP address. To contact the administrator click here.

I keep getting this error message.

First I got it when I was signed in already, when trying to change my sig picture, then when I wanted to add a smiley face, now it's happening when I try and post in a poll.

I reported it, and was told to post the problem here, if it continued.

So, yo, whut up?

:heheh:

Harkat

Reaction score
Re: Sorry. The administrator has banned your IP address.

I think LG or Magic would know what the problem is but I think its got to do with you having a rolling IP address and today you have an IP associated with a banned IP ....

Im heading off to bed man, so I shall leave you in the capable hands of someone else =]

METALPRIEST

Reaction score

Rolling IP sounds right to me...Magic or LG will know the right answer if we're wrong. Nothing to worry about. :grinthumb

Groovy Man

Reaction score

Rollin' IP? Homie don't roll like that.
:heheh:

Seriously, I already mentioned to the problem to Magic, last week. And she told me to post the problem up here, incase others were having the same problem.

I'll just wait for Miss Magic.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

First when I look at my IP search Groovy you have more addy's than anyone I have ever seen in the forum,,,an entire page full of different ones.

It's just a matter of coincidence, there is one recently banned member who has an identical IP to one of the many that you are also using. As long as you can log in then I don't think you need to worry about it, but I only use my one home IP addy, and never used a proxy to log in here myself.

But as far as voting in a poll and being sent to an entire different page, that did happen to me a couple of days ago, I usually chalk it up to a maintenance cycle on the server...but I'll let Shaggy know as well.

I'll talk it over with Magic when she gets here later.

Groovy Man

Reaction score

I don't mean to be a pain and ask too many questions...

but, what's a rolling IP address?

And how can someone else, like a banned member have the same IP address as me, when I thought only you owned your IP number?

Not questioning anyone, just curious. I'm not knowledgeable about any of this.

aeroplane

In Urgent Need of Advice
Reaction score

If I had received that same message, I would have been saying to myself, "Dang. That's the 3rd forum this week!" :oyea:

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

A rolling IP adress is a "static" address. Some internet providers use this, such as AOL. What this means is, everytime you log into the internet, your IP address is assigned by the Internet Service Provider (ISP) and is different everytime you log in.

Groovy Man, the only way I can see what IP address is causing the problem is to be here when you are receiving the error or if you would happen to know your IP address at the time (which is highly unlikely).

I have changed a few things, let's hope this cures up the problem. Let me know if it doesn't :)

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

If I had received that same message, I would have been saying to myself, "Dang. That's the 3rd forum this week!" :oyea:

Aeroplane, I would never kick you to the curb like that. Atleast I would slap you first then kick you to the curb

:lmao:

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
allmylife11

Members online