{Resolved} Sorry. The administrator has banned your IP address.

Terra812

Reaction score
Re: Sorry. The administrator has banned your IP address.

Oops... Yeah, I guess some people do run newer Op Sys' :D

I'd still be running Windows 3.1 with Norton Desktop if I could :bow:... From the screenshots you can probably tell I run XP in "Classic" mode. I don't upgrade until there is some software I want to run that won't run on my current system.

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

I am like you, terra, I dont upgrade until my system is seriously outdated. I am so use to Vista now, that anything new would thoroughly confuse me.

I have read cool things about windows 7, but not enough changes to make me want to upgrade just yet :D

Terra812

Reaction score

Something to be said for comfort and familiarity. I'll probably end up buying a new computer in the next couple of years and adjust to whatever op sys comes on it.

Whether it's a new gadget or op sys or what have you ... I like to wait a while to let them work the bugs out before I commit... and the price to come down :grinthumb

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

I am enjoying Win 7 on my 64 bit machine, this baby is lightning fast, by far the most efficient machine I've ever used.(I built it myself...:D)

So far I have had no issues getting some of my favorite older programs to run on it, but I upgraded to stay current. I am thinking of installing an SSD, they are a little pricey but the performance specs are mind blowing.

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

@LG, Boffin, Boffin, Boffin :D

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

^^It's amazing in about 3 years I have gone from computer challenged to being able to build my own PC now.:grinthumb

SSD = Solid State Drive.

I was looking at them last weekend for about $120.00 you can get a 60 Gigabyte drive, way more expensive than our old HDD's for sure.

But they come with between 1.5/2 million man hour warranty or "MHBF".(Man hours before failure.)

I would like to get a 120 gig drive for under $200.00 in the new year, that would hold the OS and all the programs I want to load and use the old drive for storage, then I will be taking advantage of the latest gear.

Sorry but I enjoy digging into this stuff...:heheh:

Harkat

Reaction score

^^It's amazing in about 3 years I have gone from computer challenged to being able to build my own PC now.:grinthumb

SSD = Solid State Drive.

I was looking at them last weekend for about $120.00 you can get a 60 Gigabyte drive, way more expensive than our old HDD's for sure.

But they come with between 1.5/2 million man hour warranty or "MHBF".(Man hours before failure.)

I would like to get a 120 gig drive for under $200.00 in the new year, that would hold the OS and all the programs I want to load and use the old drive for storage, then I will be taking advantage of the latest gear.

Sorry but I enjoy digging into this stuff...:heheh:

O_O
LG, I am in shock. I was recently looking at buying a 1.5TB HDD for $150

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

^^That is a lot of money Harkat, I could pick up a WD 1.5 TB drive for about $90.00 here.

The thing about the SSD's is they are almost as fast as your RAM memory, put your OS and programs on it and the speed will astonish you, more in Win 7 than Vista from what I have read. The downside, hugely expensive by comparison but I think I will buy one next January just to see for myself.

Travelin' Man

Reaction score

I'm running Vista and I haven't been banned yet.

Should I be trying harder?

Harkat

Reaction score

^^That is a lot of money Harkat, I could pick up a WD 1.5 TB drive for about $90.00 here.

So you can get a 1.5TB HDD cheaper than a 60GB HDD?
@.@

I'm not particularly versed in this WD and SSD things :heheh:

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IsisOFlynn

Members online