Renaissance

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Thanks AK, I'll see if I can find those two and check them out.:D

Abraxas

Reaction score
Thanks for telling about this thread Lord Grendel. I love Renaissance. I only have a few of their albums: Ashes Are Burning and Scheherazade And Other Stories. Love both albums. I think Annie Haslam is a great vocalist. If I remember correctly, I may be wrong, she was training to be an opera singer or was trained by an opera singer.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
You might be right Abraxas, she definitely had some classical vocal training I can tell by how she sings. You have two of their best albums Scheherazade being my favorite. I'll update the thread tomorrow seeing we have another "Discerning" fan of the band here.:D

Abraxas

Reaction score
You might be right Abraxas, she definitely had some classical vocal training I can tell by how she sings. You have two of their best albums Scheherazade being my favorite. I'll update the thread tomorrow seeing we have another "Discerning" fan of the band here.:D

I thought she did. :grinthumb I like her vocals. Very strong and crystal clear.
I'm glad I got the cream of the crop. :D Their Prologue album sounds interesting.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Here's another "Pearler" to use my friend Sox's term for a great album, "Turn Of The Cards" released in 1974. This one is a little different than it's predecessors, there is a definite harder edge to the record and more of a rock sound. The instrumentation and Annie's vocals are first class as usual, most noticeably the bass guitar is much more prominent and the drums as well. If you like the band then you should check this one out, it deserves a place in your collection.

Black Flame.

Abraxas

Reaction score
Cool! Thanks for the recommendation. Black Flame is very good. I also like Mother Russia. I'm gonna have to check this album out. :D

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Nice to have some company in here Abraxas, I can carry on a conversation all by myself if necessary but it's more fun with another person in the thread usually.:heheh:

ishu161

Reaction score
wow, this is a really good band:grinthumb.....i'm glad i discovered it :D
so far, mother russia is my fav....

Sox

Avoiding The Swan Song
Reaction score
Hope I havn't jumped the gun here LG but I remember hearing "Northern Lights" and being completely blown away what a VOICE.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
The more fans in here the better Sox...:tup:

I love her voice too, I have a solo album "Annie in Wonderland" I think is the title, and it is top shelf too.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
allmylife11

Members online