Renaissance

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Here's a band that I have rediscovered over the last few months due to my friend from Estonia Hyardacil recommending an album some months ago. I can't believe I forgot about this band, Annie Haslam's vocals are amazing, combined with talented musicians and you have all the ingredients for a successful band, or so you would think. They never quite reached their potential, due to many circumstances, but I have 6 of their albums in my collection now and have been playing them regularly the last two months.

RenaissancePrologue2000Front.jpg

Last edited:

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
I don't have that one Shadow,,,but I like them. I have been neglecting my female vocalists for too long and I love Annie's voice.

Maybe give Azure d'Or a listen probably their most accessible album that I've heard anyway.

I shall press on, here's a song I really like, "Mother Russia", gives a good example of their sound for those of you who aren't familiar with the band.

Last edited:

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Time to dust this one off, after Prologue came 1973's "Ashes Are Burning", considered one of their best albums. All I can say is I think this band is underrated, they produced some great songs in the early 70's, I love Annie's vocals.

renaissance_ashes_are_burning_front.jpg

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I like Renaissance, but I am not a huge fan of the vocalist. Her voice is flat or something, I dont really know how to explain it. Maybe I need to listen to more to fully appreciate her.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Thanks for stopping by my friends.

Magic I like her voice, she has great range and the fact she sings within the parameters of the bands sound makes her sound restrained at times. I played all 6 of the CD's I have for a two week period and just generated a lot of love for this band. Perhaps "Schehezerade" would be the best album for you to check out.

MP, is there Any Band you don't know something about?:D I have a couple of obscure ones to post yet, I will be curious to see if you know them as well, so far you are batting 100%...:tup:

Aktivator

aka Hightea
Reaction score
Love Renaissance and Annie's vocals. Ashes are burning and turn of the cards are my favorite albums by Renaissance but its their live performances that I mostly listen too. I was lucky to see them first row center back in the 70's.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Which live performance/album would you recommend Aktivator?

Aktivator

aka Hightea
Reaction score
Which live performance/album would you recommend Aktivator?
I've got a few boots but as far as released live albums this has always been my favorite " Live at Carnegie Hall" 76. The "Live at the Royal Albert Hall With the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra, Part 1" is good too.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online