Register to remove these ads

Renaissance

Discussion in 'Progressive Rock' started by LG, Oct 21, 2009.

1. LG

LG Fade To Black

Here's a band that I have rediscovered over the last few months due to my friend from Estonia Hyardacil recommending an album some months ago. I can't believe I forgot about this band, Annie Haslam's vocals are amazing, combined with talented musicians and you have all the ingredients for a successful band, or so you would think. They never quite reached their potential, due to many circumstances, but I have 6 of their albums in my collection now and have been playing them regularly the last two months.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 3, 2009
  2. Mr. Shadow

Mr. Shadow "Classic" Member

I have

[​IMG]

Not really my style.

3. LG

LG Fade To Black

I don't have that one Shadow,,,but I like them. I have been neglecting my female vocalists for too long and I love Annie's voice.

Maybe give Azure d'Or a listen probably their most accessible album that I've heard anyway.

I shall press on, here's a song I really like, "Mother Russia", gives a good example of their sound for those of you who aren't familiar with the band.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2009
  4. LG

LG Fade To Black

Time to dust this one off, after Prologue came 1973's "Ashes Are Burning", considered one of their best albums. All I can say is I think this band is underrated, they produced some great songs in the early 70's, I love Annie's vocals.

[​IMG]

5. Magic

Magic Woman of the World

I like Renaissance, but I am not a huge fan of the vocalist. Her voice is flat or something, I dont really know how to explain it. Maybe I need to listen to more to fully appreciate her.

6. METALPRIEST

METALPRIEST Senior Member

I was turned on to them myself a while back! Pretty cool band!

:grinthumb

7. LG

LG Fade To Black

Thanks for stopping by my friends.

Magic I like her voice, she has great range and the fact she sings within the parameters of the bands sound makes her sound restrained at times. I played all 6 of the CD's I have for a two week period and just generated a lot of love for this band. Perhaps "Schehezerade" would be the best album for you to check out.

MP, is there Any Band you don't know something about?:D I have a couple of obscure ones to post yet, I will be curious to see if you know them as well, so far you are batting 100%...:tup:

8. Aktivator

Aktivator aka Hightea

Love Renaissance and Annie's vocals. Ashes are burning and turn of the cards are my favorite albums by Renaissance but its their live performances that I mostly listen too. I was lucky to see them first row center back in the 70's.

9. LG

LG Fade To Black

Which live performance/album would you recommend Aktivator?

10. Aktivator

Aktivator aka Hightea

I've got a few boots but as far as released live albums this has always been my favorite " Live at Carnegie Hall" 76. The "Live at the Royal Albert Hall With the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra, Part 1" is good too.