Remasters Done Poorly....

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
A topic I've been thinking about lately especially listening to Megadeth remasters compared to their originals. I am curious to see if there's other cases where remastering actually compromised the quality of the original sound.

ZZ Top and Ozzy are two others I can think of.

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Perfect example of a Remaster fixing what DID NOT need fixing.
Peace Sells original with a boom to that snare.

Remaster that removes the edge off the drum sound.

God don't even start me on the shitty Rust in Peace remaster. Changed lyrics and also changed drum tone, re-recorded vocals.

joker1961

Skaven Swear Runner
Reaction score
Perfect example of a Remaster fixing what DID NOT need fixing.
Peace Sells original with a boom to that snare.

Remaster that removes the edge off the drum sound.

God don't even start me on the shitty Rust in Peace remaster. Changed lyrics and also changed drum tone, re-recorded vocals.
absolutely I`m worrying about the Metallica re-masters which personnel I haven't heard yet!

Schmetterling

Reaction score
I got a Wishbone Ash double album remaster of There's the Rub and Locked In a couple of years back. The first track "Silver Shoes" actually fades in at the beginning if you can believe that - didn't do it on the original. Same thing with the remaster of the original Live Dates album from a few years ago - a lot of the audience noise at the very start is just not there, and it fades in too, although that's quite normal for a live album but when you're used to listening to something in a certain way, listened to it for years and grown to love it in that format then you get what you think is going to be a better version of it which turns out to be different it's very annoying. Must've been some kind of wierd trend at the time or maybe just a dodgy remastering engineer...

Soundwise, both remasters were ok though....

Last edited:

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
absolutely I`m worrying about the Metallica re-masters which personnel I haven't heard yet!
Some are up on youtube and they did a good job. Those remasters aren't to worry about. And Justice badly needs it.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tayson ray

Members online