Relic's unknown song No. 5

relic

Reaction score
Hi

This one I have no sample of, so I'll just describe it. The most useful fact is possibly at the end of this post.

A while back a woke up one morning with a song in my head. I don't know if ever happened to you, but it was in that state where you are still asleep but on the verge of waking up, and the song was sort of playing in my head.

I could recall some of it when I woke up, and I thought "That song"?
I had totally forgotten about it, and now it had popped up in my mind.

I heard this song in the early eighties but it might be from the late seventies. Which means that my memory is a bit hazy and unclear, but I'll write what I remember.

I think that the artist/group is/are British. The song was never a hit but probably played a bit on radio.

The song began with a insistent slow (say 60 bpm) rhythm of drums and bass. Gradually other instruments join in, and probably also a singer. The volume gradually increases until the sound stops suddenly, before the song starts over like it did in the beginning. No chorus what I can remember.

The style of the song may be similar to something Flash and the Pan did at the same period, say "Waiting For a Train".

I know, this is all very hazy and so on, but there is one thing that may help identify the artist. I seem to remember reading in a rock-encyclopedia that the singer/writer died tragically of cancer in the late eighties, maybe early nineties, and when he was still quite young.

So, if nothing else comes to mind, if you can think of, or suggest, any (probably British) musicians that died of cancer in the late eighties, then I could check them out and see if they are the one I'm looking for.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Craqdi

Staff online

Members online