Which is better?

• All Day And All Of The Night - The Kinks

Votes: 21 65.6%
  • Beast Of Burden - Rolling Stones

Votes: 11 34.4%

• Total voters

Hurdy Gurdy Man

Reaction score
The Kinks' track is a hugely important recording in the annals of rock.Some even claim instrumental in the construction of hard rock and even heavy metal.The Stones' selection is rather saccharine and pedestrian to me.At least by THEIR standards.Other than "All Day"'s historical signifigance,I feel it's just plain a superior song.Keeps the listener absolutely riveted all throughout.It was songs like this among other Ray Davies and Lennon/McCartney compositions that highly inspired Pete Townsend to concentrate on the Who recording original material.In an interview,Towsend actually stated that back in the 60's,Mr. Davies should have been declared England's poet laureate.More than considerable compliment from the man who would later create(or at least) perfect the concept album/rock opera,

Khor1255

Reaction score
The Kinks' track is a hugely important recording in the annals of rock.Some even claim instrumental in the construction of hard rock and even heavy metal.The Stones' selection is rather saccharine and pedestrian to me.At least by THEIR standards.Other than "All Day"'s historical signifigance,I feel it's just plain a superior song.Keeps the listener absolutely riveted all throughout.It was songs like this among other Ray Davies and Lennon/McCartney compositions that highly inspired Pete Townsend to concentrate on the Who recording original material.In an interview,Towsend actually stated that back in the 60's,Mr. Davies should have been declared England's poet laureate.More than considerable compliment from the man who would later create(or at least) perfect the concept album/rock opera,
This bears repeating. It's easy to forget what impact songs like this had the day they were released. It seems really tame by today's comparison but without tunes like this 'peppering the lz' of our sensibilities there would likely be no Sabbath or Maiden.

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score
Not very often I'd EVER play a Kinks song on purpose (such an overrated band IMHO), but this song is one of 2 or maybe 3 that I would and do play by the Kinks.

Beast of Burden is a good track by the Stones. Not great, but far from horrible.

Tossup for me, not sure I can really pick one over the other (at least not today).

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LongIshmael

Members online