Queensryche (Official Thread)

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Really keen for the new Queensryche (obviously the Todd La Torre) album. The songs sound decent and a lot like some of the old material.

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I have heard the new album and it is absolutely awesome. It absolutely shits all over the disaster that was Frequency Unknown. This album has a harder edge with fantastic vocals by Todd La Torre and it reminded me of a lot of their classic material. This album is definitely worth the time because it actually was not only not rushed but it felt like the band really were inspired and didn't seem ego driven with this album unlike the Tate disaster.

2LITTLETIME

Reaction score
Operation Mindcrime .I thought this would blow me away.It didnt.Only heard twice:woot:

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score
was reading some stuff online earlier this week and people were praising the new Queensrcyhe album. By that, I mean the Queensryche album, not the new album by The Geoff Tate Band.

Haven't had a chance to listen to it yet, but hope to tomorrow.

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
Geoff Tate on Queensryche Court Case: ‘If I Lose, I Win – If I Win, I Win.’

Geoff-Tate1.jpg

Source Link

Geoff Tate has weathered some heavy career turbulence lately, but he sounds like he’s taking everything that’s coming at him in stride.

The longtime Queensryche singer, currently embroiled in a legal battle with his former bandmates while they duke it out with two competing lineups, shrugged off the drama during a recent interview with My Global Mind. “It’s all about exchanging money … who gets compensated for what,” Tate responded when asked about the pending court case. “So if I lose, I win — if I win, I win.”

Calling the lawsuit “counterproductive and actually kinda ridiculous,” Tate continued, “It doesn’t have anything to do with music, it’s just a corporate dissolvement [sic] … money exchanging hands. We’re all corporate officers and we all get compensated for the dissolvement, the breakup of the corporation. So ‘he said, she said, he did this,’ whatever — it doesn’t matter.”

But even if it doesn’t have anything to do with the music, the controversy sounds like it might actually be helping Tate’s bottom line. “I have to say, the publicity has been incredible,” he admitted. “On this run that I just completed, on both legs of my tour, we had more sell-outs on this tour than formerly Queensryche has had in 10 years. So I guess there’s something to the idea that Gene Simmons came up with: Any publicity is good publicity.”

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
If he wins, the fans lose.

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
You may be right there Riff. I didn't dislike Geoff's CD as much as I thought I would have...but it's much better than Dedicated To Chaos.

I like the band version of Queensryche better though....as far as production and songs go.

To give give Geoff at least one prop, this is a song I liked a lot from his latest CD

Everything

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
Queensryche Court Case Delayed Until January

Source Link

The pending legal showdown between Geoff Tate and his former bandmates in Queensryche will have to wait a few more months.

Blabbermouth reports that the trial, which is being held to determine who owns the legal rights to the Queensryche name, has been delayed until January 2014, following a request for a continuance from Tate “to provide sufficient time for the parties to continue active settlement negotiations without incurring substantial trial preparation costs and, if such efforts fail, to provide sufficient time to complete discovery and properly prepare for what will be a very lengthy trial.”

According to Tate, his efforts to take depositions from potential witnesses will be hampered over the coming months due to his former bandmates’ touring commitments. “Many of these witnesses are located out of state,” continued his claim. “The facts that underlie this dispute span nearly 30 years. Trial could take three to four weeks with 20 to 40 witnesses.”

Not surprisingly, the current members of Queensryche — who have been performing with new vocalist Todd La Torre while Tate tours and records with his own band, also named Queensryche — dispute Tate’s version of the truth. In their response to Tate’s request for a continuance, his opponents asserted that “from October 2012 until April 2013 there was nearly no activity in the case” and added that any difficulties he’s facing are “100 percent the result of [Tate's] failure to properly prosecute.”

Given that Tate is essentially trying to win the right to pay his former bandmates the current fair market value of their share in the Queensryche name, it’s also unsurprising that the remaining band members are accusing Tate of attempting to dilute and devalue their brand in order to secure a cheaper settlement.

Noting that their recent La Torre-fronted CD “entered the U.S. charts at No. 23 and continues to get 9-out-of-10-star reviews and is still selling very well on a weekly basis around the globe,” while Tate’s competing Queensryche album “entered the charts at No. 82, received very bad reviews around the world, and has slowed to almost no more weekly sales,” the group related its difficulties in the touring marketplace following the split — difficulties that they claim are entirely Tate’s fault.

Claiming that Tate “chose very poorly in hiring live musicians that have shown that they are not capable of representing the correct performances of the Queensryche music legacy, and he was constantly replacing them,” the band went on to accuse him of undercutting their rate of $20,000 a show and concluded that his “sub-par band and cut-rate pricing … continues to be damaging to the Queensryche brand and legacy no matter who ultimately wins control after trial.”

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IsisOFlynn

Staff online

Members online