Queensryche (Official Thread)

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
lol The whole thing is a joke. Just give the La Torre band the name and be done with it.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Not surprised really, and if the case is decided on merit/relevance since the fractious split of the band then the La Torre fronted band should win this case. Tate should get publishing/ownership of all the songs he wrote previous to the implosion, but the new band should be allowed to play them in concert as well. So if they released a live CD Tate would get the royalties he deserves.

This is just sad all round, lawyers will get rich and nobody will be happy with the final outcome more than likely.

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
My opinion on the whole matter...and it has nothing to do with musical preference is that the band version of Queensryche should get the name. Geoff should be solo or make amends and get back in.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^You think Geoff would ever be able to get back in MP,,,I just don't see it happening ever. This is one of the nastiest splits of a band I've ever seen, and both sides have plenty of blame for how it all played out.

Tate knows the value of the name recognition, so I don't see him giving up this fight but I agree with you the rest of the band should get to tour/record as Queensryche, this is a similar case to Pink Floyd's ejection of Waters.

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I honestly think Tate is making an embarrassment of the Queensryche name despite the fact he was part of such great albums in the past. The FU album he made was based on pure bitterness and it was rushed as hell too.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
I honestly think Tate is making an embarrassment of the Queensryche name despite the fact he was part of such great albums in the past. The FU album he made was based on pure bitterness and it was rushed as hell too.

You know the whole scenario was a complete "clusterf**k", from the way the other band members kicked Geoff out and the infamous last concert, right up until now.:nw:

I think Tate should tour as himself, he is well known as the voice/main songwriter of Queensryche and if he recorded some decent songs instead of lobbing a pile of ***** rushed to market as you pointed out then moving on would be easier for all parties.

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
Complete Show (Geoff Tate's Version)

Brazil MONSTERS OF ROCK

(Sort of a train wreck goin' on here....you thoughts??)

01. Best I Can
02. Breaking The Silence
03. Cold
04. Another Rainy Night (Without You)
05. Big Noize
06. The Mission
07. I Don't Believe In Love
08. Silent Lucidity
09. Jet City Woman
10. Empire
11. Eyes Of A Stranger

Removed dead video