Quacking in Joe Walsh's "Life's Been Good"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rissa

Moving in Stereo
Reaction score
Just recently I downloaded "Life's Been Good" by Joe Walsh. I had heard it on the radio thousands of times and thought it was a rather clever and amazing song; the version I had downloaded (which is much longer than the radio cut) was eight minutes and fifty-six seconds long. (If that helps any.)

What's really weird is that there's some odd quacking noises at the end of this song. The question is : what the hell?

Martha Washington

eat it! it's GOOD for you
Reaction score
I think that's the album version from 'But Seriously Folks..."
my understanding is that the album was made amid a lot of debauchery.
so, quacking seems pretty understandable.

frankly, this was the last Joe Walsh ab-lum I would buy with hard-earned Martha dollars for quite some time. just a little TOO slick to suit me. always liked the track though.

Rissa

Moving in Stereo
Reaction score
Ah. Now I see, hahaha. I knew it might've been something like that, but I wasn't at all certain.

I actually attend school with a kid named Joe Welch, I think. Some of his teachers have been guilty of calling him Joe Walsh, haha.

Music Wench

Rock and Roll Grandma
Reaction score
Yep, it does sound like the album version. Joe Walsh is one crazy dude and did his fair share of partying. Doesn't seem to take himself too seriously either.

Personally I prefer the album version. And But Seriously Folks is definitely his best album. You should check out the whole thing. You won't be sorry. :grinthumb

TeleCat

Blackmore's Advocate
Reaction score
I love the album. Over and Over, At The Station, Second Hand Store, etc. are simply great songs and there is a nice mix of acoustic and electric throughout the album. Inner Tube/Theme From Boat Weirdos is a cool insturmental with some nice slide work. I think this was Walsh's peak as far as his solo career. Although he did come through on The Confessor in '85. I heard he's touring with Jim Fox and Dale Peters this summer for a James Gang reunion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ByronPasch

Members online

No members online now.