Prince (Official Thread)

Sweaty

ThE OtHeR rAmOnE
Reaction score
Re: "The Official" Prince Thread

I like Prince too, the older stuff is best, he went a bit strange at one point, great musician though, I started reading a bio years ago and never finished it, must dig it out.

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score

Prince is very hit and miss for me. There are tracks like much of the "Purple Rain" album and "Kiss" and "Little Red Corvette" and whatnot that I absolutely love and then there is other stuff by him that I absolutely can't stand.

One way or another I really respect what Prince can do. The man is very talented.

Hepcat

retired
Reaction score

I have Purple Rain as a movie and still find it entertaining!!! the guy was an African American Rocker with SOUL!!!!!

He didn't fly by the seat of his pants...he was rock and roll...he was rythym & blues...he was psychedelic 60's.....he was Heavy Meatl all rolled into one!

He was PRINCE!! The dude rocks! I'll give him him props no prob!!!

I agree! Prince was an extraordinary talent who transcended genres, just like Jimi Hendrix had fifteen years previously.

I rank "Purple Rain" among the top fifty albums of all time.

:****:

ladyislingering

retired
Reaction score

Prince turns me on, for lack of a better sentiment.

And his music coloured much of my childhood. Honestly, when it came to 80s goodness, I couldn't really ask for more than Prince. ;D

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score

I can't argue with that... I grew up on Prince. My first ~real~ taste of Prince came when 1999 was first released. I listened to it at a friend's house and immediately bought it. It didn't take long for me to start buying his previous releases and I've been a fan of him ever since. For my money, as far as pop-rock goes, there was nothing better than Prince from 1980 to about 1994.

ladyislingering

retired
Reaction score

I almost forgot about Mrs. Cunningham. I loooveeed Happy Days back in the day. Still do. Cute outfits, cute cast, clever jokes. It's all good.

However!

I do believe I might work on a few Prince projects just in honour of this thread. ;D

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score

So I had a first today! It wasn't until two years ago that I first saw

Purple Rain
Prince.Purple.Rain.gif

Actually when I first got Netflix at the time I had a Prince marathon and watched all three in a row for the first time! Let's just say the experience was going from the top down after the quality fell off of a cliff after Purple Rain! So anyway, that was my intro to Purple Rain and exposed me to the music essentially but it's nothing like experiencing the album!

101e92c008a0a58045e88010l1.jpg

I bought this today and it was AN EXPERIENCE! I loved it! It's definitely made to be heard in it's entirety in the passionate rock and funk explosion that it is! Prince is ****ing nuts and you don't hear that if you only know When Doves Cry and Let's Go Crazy off of it! He's a funk banshee as he wails to expel the excess of soul inside him! This is as much rock as anything else and no wonder other rockers love it! The guitar solos are really cool and I don't usually like a lot of those! :heheh: Thank you Prince! It took the album coming down to 7 bucks to finally buy this and experience it but it was worth it Prince! :grinthumb

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
allmylife11

Members online