1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Prince (Official Thread)

Discussion in '80's Music' started by Soot and Stars, Jan 15, 2010.

1. Hepcat

Hepcat retired

Re: "The Official" Prince Thread

I'm a big time fan of Prince. He's simply an extraordinary talent. "Purple Rain" is among the best albums of all time.

:pimp:

His protege, Denise Katrina Matthews, was born in Niagara Falls, Ontario. She considered the stage name Vagina when she first hooked up with Prince in 1982 but ultimately went with Vanity.

:lols:

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 15, 2010
  2. Magic

Magic Woman of the World

I am a Prince fan.

Here are some links to some pretty good Videos:

Cream

Purple Rain

3. Mr. Shadow

Mr. Shadow "Classic" Member

Self taught in more than a dozen instruments, Prince is truly a musician's musician. His recent song covers are all done with personality, but show great respect for the originals. And any soloing is tastefully done, and always the right length for that song.

How's this for a star stage:

4. eberg15101

eberg15101 Senior Member

I hate the be the only one here, but I will not listen to prince's music, its all so annoying and just horrible to my ears

I'll admit he has some crazy chops on guitar though, and some crazy guitars:grinthumb

5. Trickster

Trickster Senior Member

Prince fan.. but just the older Prince.. The album and movie Purple rain was one of my favorite back in the day.. and every once in a while i still spin the Cd and watch the movie when it's on.

6. METALPRIEST

METALPRIEST Senior Member

Dudes and Dudettes!! I have 1999 and Purple Rain ect.!

I have Purple Rain as a movie and still find it entertaining!!! the guy was an African American Rocker with SOUL!!!!!

He didn't fly by the seat of his pants...he was rock and roll...he was rythym & blues...he was psychedelic 60's.....he was Heavy Meatl all rolled into one!

He was PRINCE!! The dude rocks! I'll give him him props no prob!!!

My first real "steady" girlfriend and I saw PR at the show for a date. that whole decadence of the 80's was there and alive with him. When the girls dressed to the fullest from head to toe...the dudes were all showered , shaved and ready to party!

He's a big part of growing up for me and a big piece of the party!!!

Great Thread!!

:bow:

7. Slip'nn2Darkness

Slip'nn2Darkness Sub Sonic Soul Shaker

OK Soot.. I watched the entire Kevin Smith video's you posted.. And this is funny.. I didn't connect it was Silent Bob tell he said something..:lmao:
    Well.. The guy had longer hair and never said a word.. But he had me thinking why I like to keep a arms distance mentally from artist I like.. Prince is obviously way off in Princeworld and it is odd that I never figured him to be such a spiritual guy.. He does pull out some pretty nasty stuff like Pussy control and Sister.(Insest with his sister) not to mention the countless other songs about SEX.. SEX.. SEX!! But I still enjoy his stuff.
    I seen him way back on I believe American Bandstand doing. "I wanna be your lover" He had nylons on hot pants and thigh high suede boots.. My jaw was on the floor.
    Who's this guy I'm thinking..:heheh:

8. Soot and Stars

Soot and Stars I AM SOOT!

Yep, Kevin S,mith is one of the greatest directors and talkers ever! All I can say about that story is "Get Prince a camel!" :lmao: Anyway, my favorite Prince material is from the New Power Generation. The female accompaniment in it is great! I love

Diamonds and Pearls

9. Lynch

Lynch Here for the cookies and the tunes

I've seen that video numerous times, have it linked as one of my favorites on Youtube actually and nearly every time I watch it, I get goosebumps. "Nothing short of amazing" is the kindest and simplest way to put it.

Prince's guitar and emotion put into it on this video = :bow:

10. Lynch

Lynch Here for the cookies and the tunes

one of my favorite things from the movie Purple Rain. Prince isn't in this scene, but the charisma of Morris Day and Jerome here is great

:heheh: