Primal Fear (Official Thread)

b.o.b.

Reaction score
Re: Primal Fear

Yes, it was in Bucharest at B'estFest Aftershock. The sound wasn't very good, a little too loud both at Primal Fear and Judas Priest but in the end the show was great.

Last edited by a moderator:

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

That is too bad B.o.b, there is no excuse not to get the SPL right at a concert that is the sound board technicians fault. While I love concerts, they should realize that louder is not always better, you can always crank up the bass and give it plenty of Oomph! without distorting the sound at all.

b.o.b.

Reaction score

It was loud but not clear. I don't get it either. Some technicians choose a very loud but muddy sound with a noisy interference between instruments. All you can hear is a rumble coming from the stage and speakers. But after a few pints of beer and if you know the songs by heart you can still enjoy the show :grinthumb.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

^^That is unacceptable to me B.o.b., I have been pursuing the highest quality sound reproduction I can get for decades now, and I "Expect" that from a live concert especially with the technology they have today to create a nearly perfect audio matix for any concert venue, whether a small indoor club or a massive outdoor stadium.

Pink Floyd toured here in 1992 and they had an amazing sound system, almost as good as listening to them in a small club. All 70,000 of us had a great time.:rock:

I will say that a metal concert is a little different, but still some effort should be put in to get the best quality of sound possible, that is a no-brainer to me.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

Almost done now, next up a "Blinder" of an album, 2005's "Seven Seals". Scheepers finally seems comfortable enough to let the rest of the band stretch out a little on this one, some songs clock in over 7 minutes which was a new wrinkle for PF. A little more of a pure Power Metal album dealing with Demons and mystical subjects, yeah I know but I like Power metal of all the newer hybrids it remains the closest to the old Heavy Metal I grew up with.

Primal_Fear_-_Seven_Seals-front-www.jpg

Primal_Fear_-_Seven_Seals-back-wwwF.jpg

Whiskydrinker

Reaction score

i played with these guys with my thrash band at the bloodstock festival in 2006!! :)

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

^^I am envious,,,I don't think Primal Fear has ever toured where I live.

I really like these guys, did you get a chance to talk to Scheepers at all Whisky?

MusicMistress

Reaction score

count me in on Primal Fear. I adore the German thrash bands. I have a friend who flew to Houston to see them last month. They played a killer set-list.
Final Embrace
Killbound
Nuclear Fire
Six Times Dead
Angel In Black
Seven Seals
Guitar Solo
Sign Of Fear
Fighting the Darkness
Riding the Eagle
Battalions Of Hate
Metal is Forever
Encore:
Hands of Time
Chainbreaker

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

Wow you are quickly becoming one of my favorite new arrivals MusicMistress...:tup:

I love the German metal bands too, and some of them are just as much Hard Rock as any metal to me, and I have even got Magic to check some of them out. She surprised me by actually liking them too. They have kept the fires burning in Europe, and I have to say I have collected more music from overseas the last three years by far over our North American artists.

MusicMistress

Reaction score

I wouldn't put Primal Fear in the hard rock category, they are a bit too heavy for that. Although some cuts are on the softer side, but still metal.

Aww! damn. Youtube is having a major melt down. I can't get the video I actually want but this will do nicely:

Seven Seals title track

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tayson ray