Primal Fear (Official Thread)

DaKillerWolf

Cosmic Time Warp Warrior
Reaction score
I completely respect the fact that Primal Fear are true musicians in every sense of the word, and that they put out enjoyable albums. However, I can't help but feel that I am listening to a band who is lifting their blueprint straight from Judas Priest's Painkiller ( obviously, the reason for that feeling is because they are ). I just can not get excited about a band who lacks originally to such an extent, no matter how well they execute someone elses' material, while calling it their own.

A bunch of my friends are always getting pumped for these guys, and all the AC/DC imitators .....stuff like that just leaves me feeling like I should go pull out the originators albums. It's one thing to be heavily influenced by a band but quite another to be just parroting someone, ESPECIALLY if that band is still around.

Just my opinion ....

Last edited:

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
I don't know. I still lke them alot, but I have always heard the "Painkiller" influence.

Funny you mention that, cause it's not like they're influenced by Priest and Priest alone, but by one Priest album...and Halford vocally.

I still do not know why though, that Ralph didn't make the Judas Priest audition. That will always leave me puzzled. :bonk:

DaKillerWolf

Cosmic Time Warp Warrior
Reaction score
Yeah,probably stated that a little stronger then I should have. I don't mean to imply plagiarism ..but everything I have heard by them just left me going ..a yeah ..painkiller. Probably need to dig a bit deeper though. But I have to admit even though I like them when I hear them it does kind of put me off when I just keep hearing Priest over and over.

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
I've always found these guys to be huge Priest (later day) mega fans.

That and a bit of Accept.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
When is the new album coming out??

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^Thanks SDM, I'll keep my eyes open for it, I have all of their albums.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
allmylife11

Members online