Porcupine Tree (Official Thread)

Phil B.

Far Out Man!
Reaction score
Re: Porcupine Tree

I have fallen in love with the Fear of a Blank Planet album. Every song is absolutely flawless.

I need to get this album. If only to hear the total paradox to Public Enemies ' album.

Prime

Daydreaming
Reaction score
Re: Porcupine Tree

I need to get this album. If only to hear the total paradox to Public Enemies ' album.

I love the Fear of the Blank Planet song on the album itself. It's probably my favorite.

Prime

Daydreaming
Reaction score
I got my Porcupine Tree DVD in the mail the other day.

It's phenomenal. It's the first live DVD they've released as far as I know.

JimmyByrne09

Reaction score

Yeah, yeah I know the one you're talking about. I think my friend showed that to me when he was getting me into P.T. :D

Good stuff!

Prime

Daydreaming
Reaction score
Yeah, yeah I know the one you're talking about. I think my friend showed that to me when he was getting me into P.T. :D

Good stuff!

They gotta release more live DVD's as their career grows. I've seen on Youtube a live version of Fear of a Blank Planet. Absolutely incredible.

Prime

Daydreaming
Reaction score

I'm going to touch up on this a little bit. The sound quality of the DVD is pretty fantastic. The whole DVD focuses on their "Arriving Somewhere But Not Here" song, but also features others like Lazerus and Halo. Which are two very incredible songs.

I recommend the DVD, for sure.

joe

Reaction score
Steven_Wilson_-_Grace_for_Drowning.jpg

Steven Wilson's new album, Grace For Drowning is one of the most boring albums I've heard in a long time. Biggest disappointment of the year so far for me...by far. A double CD clocking in at hour and half is a half-hearted effort and so uninspired. Absolutely flat and floating. Half the album is a half-dead, dumb-downed recycling of early '70's King Crimson. The other half is a conglomeration of Wilson's other (too many) projects: the dull ambient drone of Bass Communion; the progressive/dream pop of Blackfield and No-Man; a continuing slide of the last Porcupine Tree album, The Incident.

Some say this man is a genius. Hard to argue with that on a musical and technical level though I'd argue with it on a lyrical/vocal merit. This man has produced so much music in the last 20 years that this album maybe hearing him running out of ideas and/or needing some R&R.

This CD isn't going back on the shelf, it's going back to the store to get exchanged.

Prime

Daydreaming
Reaction score
^I've given a few songs from that album a listen on Youtube and wasn't too impressed. I was hoping to hear something jaw dropping and catchy like with what Porcupine Tree offered, but it wasn't really anything too fantastic. Just some dull songs that dragged on longer than necessary. Good to know that it isn't too promising. I've been meaning to get physical copies of Steven Wilson's work, but i'll definitely be leaving that album out of it. It's unfortunate to say the least, because I appreciate the music Steven Wilson has made. Some musicians have duds, so hopefully if he decides to release another solo record, it'll be better.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IsisOFlynn

Members online