Porcupine Tree (Official Thread)

Iggy

Coal mining ruffian
Reaction score
Re: Porcupine Tree

Are you a beach, surfer type, or a culture vulture?
Cardiff is great for shops and has a castle, the valleys where I live,
[and Pixel] are beautiful again after being an industrial wasteland. We have castles too,
[in fact, there are castles everywhere here].
If you want Welsh speaking, go North or West. The west coast is outstanding.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

I think that Wales has more castles per square mile than any other place in the world.

No surprise most of them mark the border with England...so they served a purpose seeing we still have a Wales which has a distinct culture of it's own.:grinthumb

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

Well perhaps they will, but where are the new proggie bands ?

Have you heard Karmakanic, from your home of Sweden? They are very new (2002), and lean towards the symphonic side, but still a prog band.

Gabble Ratchet

Reaction score

Karmakanic are pretty awesome, "Send A Message To The Heart" from their new album is a grandmaster suite! :grinthumb

mystic fred

Reaction score

I "discovered" Porcupine Tree and Opeth several years ago and added them to my "follow" list immediately, i managed to find most of the Opeth albums on vinyl but had i known the PT ones would become so valuable would have sought them out on vinyl too, but slowly catching up!

Seen both bands live and both amazing performances highly recommended, both doing well around the world but still relatively unknown in UK - that's the way i like it, i would not want to have to pay 100 pounds+ at the 02 to see them...:tongue:

I enjoyed the Karmakanic clips, reminded me very much of Focus, another of my all time faves, and absolutely brilliant live!

Last edited:

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

I have never seen a Porcupine vinyl album Mystic Fred...did they stop pressing them or something making the originals so valuable?

mystic fred

Reaction score

Original copies are very few and far between, pressed in limited quantities, though some have been reissued on coloured vinyl and can be found for around 30 pounds up. The ones i have or know of and see occasionally include -

Metanoia (10" - mega rare)
Voyage 34
On the Sunday of Life
The Sky Moves Sideways
Signify
Up the Downstair
Stupid Dream
Lightbulb Sun
In Absentia
Deadwing (mega rare)
Fear of a Blank Planet
We lost the Skyline
The Incident

Most of the Opeth albums are available on vinyl as reissues, though the odd original turns up on MFN.

Last edited:

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

Opeth is about the only band in their genre that I do like.

Those are rather high prices for used records, but if people want them bad enough money is no object I guess.

I have the CD's and PT sounds good in digital as well.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online