Porcupine Tree (Official Thread)

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Re: Porcupine Tree

Spock's Beard, Transatlantic are two groups that have carried the prog banner as well.

There will always at least be the classic prog some of us love, and in the future if it goes extinct, then I will have to say Porcupine Tree was the last great prog-rock band. I hope that doesn't happen though.

Velvetclown

Banned
Reaction score

No there will NOT always be prog, but there will always be a new Lady Gaga!

We are so lucky !

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

^^She is a passing fad, long after everyone forgets her, people will still discover Yes, ELP, the Moodies, early Genesis and the great proggie bands from the golden era of rock music.

:rock:

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

We are always getting young people who are curious about the old bands in here Velvetclown,,,they Want to know about the old bands we all grew up with and find something lacking in what is offered by the mainstream bands now.

As long as kids are inquisitive and looking for great music, the amazing old prog bands will live on.

I have no answer for the lack of new ones, we have mentioned the few I know and like, perhaps it will cycle around again a few years from now and new progressive bands will emerge again.:dunno:

joe

Reaction score

Well perhaps they will, but where are the new proggie bands ?

Come on now. There's a ton of new stuff out there and some of it very good. Prog and it's sub-genres has to be the most diversified rock genre out there. Lg is right, we'll be asking in a few years, "what ever happened to Lady Gaga?"

Iggy

Coal mining ruffian
Reaction score

Interesting. I distinctly remember a conversation I had when Marillion came on the scene, and I mentioned that they were a copy of Genesis. The younger guy said to me, yes, but you had Genesis, and we have Marillion, this is our turn. [or words to that effect]. Here we are again, a third time for prog, and the circle goes on, I hope mullets don't come back though. :sm:

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

^^I love early Marillion, but I agree with you about the mullets...hopefully our resident Beagle(Lynch) doesn't read this.(Not likely seein' there are no glam/hard rock bands in this section.)

:heheh:

Iggy

Coal mining ruffian
Reaction score

I was given a load of Porcupine tree cds. I liked them from the start,
I shall have to give them another listen I think. I have also been the proud
owner of two, [maybe three] mullets in my time.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
allmylife11

Members online