popular bands that you hate

Jet

Midway Up The Ceiling
Reaction score
I guess when I said I hate Led Zeppelin it's more that I don't care for their genre. The only time I hate ANY music is when I'm on the phone and I'm put on hold, and they think I'm deaf. :eek:

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Mostly can't stand Kiss or Pearl Jam but there are others like REM, Coldplay also I heavily dislike.

Oh yeah also Slipknot.
I can scratch Slipknot off. After some years they've finally grown on me enough to actually enjoy their stuff.

Frands

Reaction score
Absurd

Controversial German black metal band, classified as a right-wing extremist band by the Thuringian Landesbehörde für Verfassungsschutz (Federal Office for the Protection of the Constitution). The original band members all served time in prison for the murder of a classmate, during which time the band briefly existed under the name In Ketten. Active since 1992

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score
Too many "hated" bands/artists to even list. Waaaaay too many.
Guess I could give this a shot, will just throw out a short list.

• Nirvana - trash - a 5 yr old could have written deeper lyrics and a 10 yr old could have played more meaningful guitar licks. Just about the most overrated band in history.
  • Radiohead - worse than trash, I'd rather never listen to anything ever again over these chumps.
  • U2 - vastly overrated
  • Bruce Springsteen - far too popular for such a middle-of-the-road talent with an awful voice.
  • Sex Pistols - one album, one shitty album and they are considered iconic, pioneers, etc? F these guys.
  • Grateful Dead - someone once said "the reason that Dead Heads are always stoned out of their minds is because you have to be to listen to that music". Spot on.
  • Smashing Pumpkins - Good God, could Billy Corgan's voice be any MORE annoying? Yuck. file these guys right under Radiohead.
  • Dave Matthews Band - one good song, EVER. I wouldn't say they suck, but I would never purposely listen to anything of theirs ever again.
  • Bob Dylan - Most overrated solo artist in the history of modern music.
  • Neil Young - One step below Bob Dylan, one step above Bruce Springsteen.
  • R.E.M. - more talent than Smashing Pumpkins (musically), but equally annoying vocals. Stipe is such a whiny turd.
  • Coldplay - garbage from start to finish. Havne't heard a single song that I'd ever purposely play a second time.
  • Morrisey - speaking of whiny *******... This guy. Ugh.
  • Phish - Park this crap somewhere between the Dead and Dave Matthews.
  • Oasis - See description from Coldplay

I'll leave it at that for now.

Last edited:

Arkie

Reaction score
Guess I could give this a shot, will just throw out a short list.

• Nirvana - trash - a 5 yr old couldn't have written deeper lyrics and a 10 yr old could have played more meaningful guitar licks. Just about the most overrated band in history.
  • Radiohead - worse than trash, I'd rather never listen to anything ever again over these chumps.
  • U2 - vastly overrated
  • Bruce Springsteen - far too popular for such a middle-of-the-road talent with an awful voice.
  • Sex Pistols - one album, one shitty album and they are considered iconic, pioneers, etc? F these guys.
  • Grateful Dead - someone once said "the reason that Dead Heads are always stoned out of their minds is because you have to be to listen to that music". Spot on.
  • Smashing Pumpkins - Good God, could Billy Corgan's voice be any MORE annoying? Yuck. file these guys right under Radiohead.
  • Dave Matthews Band - one good song, EVER. I wouldn't say they suck, but I would never purposely listen to anything of theirs ever again.
  • Bob Dylan - Most overrated solo artist in the history of modern music.
  • Neil Young - One step below Bob Dylan, one step above Bruce Springsteen.
  • R.E.M. - more talent than Smashing Pumpkins (musically), but equally annoying vocals. Stipe is such a whiny turd.
  • Coldplay - garbage from start to finish. Havne't heard a single song that I'd ever purposely play a second time.
  • Morrisey - speaking of whiny *******... This guy. Ugh.
  • Phish - Park this crap somewhere between the Dead and Dave Matthews.
  • Oasis - See description from Coldplay

I'll leave it at that for now.
I concur and lets not forget that Boy George bullshit.

Slipn

Sub Sonic Soul Shaker
Reaction score
I skimmed through here looking for the one Canadian band that get's so much shit from their country of origin and that is... NICKLEBACK!!
Why they are so hated is beyond me.. I like alot of their stuff and don't get the hate..:bonk:

As far as anything Blink 182 did.

or those pop bands that whine when they sing.. and play the rhythm guitar chords at full distortion..
Like The Butthole Surfers and others like them.

Last edited by a moderator:

Aero

Reaction score
Sonic Youth

Great band name wasted on a shitty, overrated band.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IsisOFlynn

Staff online

Members online