popular bands that you hate

Jet

Midway Up The Ceiling
Reaction score
Well, he's gotta be doing something right, if he's been around this long and has so many fans.

It might be the whole 'Clapton is God' thing that adds to my distain. 'God' would indicate he's a surpreme being (on guitar, of course, not literally).

Another aggravation was the dumbest song that just wouldn't go away...Cocaine. People lost their flippin' minds over that song. Yea, man! Drugs, man! Cool!

No, not cool. A cheap way to get onto the charts.

I just don't hear it, I guess. His work just doesn't make me feel anything. Art, in any form, has one common objective; to evoke emotions.

The only emotion I feel is toward his elevated status.

Clapton's music simply doesn't make me feel anything. The only thing worse than a positive or negative reaction, is indifference.

Someone in this thread wrote Clapton was better when surrounded by a group. I'll agree with that. In Cream, he was more of a gunslinger.

And I have to be honest, Layla has one of the most epic, iconic riffs in the history of rock music.

I thought the song Cocaine was more about how the drug can ruin your life. Wasn't Clapton himself hooked on it, and that is how he founded the drug rehab place called Crossroads?

Crossroads

Reaction score
The Sex Pistols especially are laughable. They offer nothing to me on a lyrical level, and their themes and instrumental prowess are nothing to cry home about. It was especially funny when that cock sucker Johnny Rotten took shots at the Rolling Stones and Floyd. Let It Bleed and Exhile take any Pistols album and tease them, beat the shit out of them, then piss on their face. Even Some Girls is better. Floyd? What a splendid idea Johnny, " **** Floyd hehe ", Roger Waters and David Gilmoir are at the pinnacle of intellect and musicianship as a collective, they have more talent in the tip of their dicks than The Pistols have. Floyd and The Stones are polished magnums, Johnny and friends are flimsy 9mms with the chamber jammed. Punk rock sucks. ( breathes, deep breathes, wipes sweat of face ).

Johnny-Too-Good

Reaction score
The Sex Pistols especially are laughable. They offer nothing to me on a lyrical level, and their themes and instrumental prowess are nothing to cry home about. It was especially funny when that cock sucker Johnny Rotten took shots at the Rolling Stones and Floyd. Let It Bleed and Exhile take any Pistols album and tease them, beat the shit out of them, then piss on their face. Even Some Girls is better. Floyd? What a splendid idea Johnny, " **** Floyd hehe ", Roger Waters and David Gilmoir are at the pinnacle of intellect and musicianship as a collective, they have more talent in the tip of their dicks than The Pistols have. Floyd and The Stones are polished magnums, Johnny and friends are flimsy 9mms with the chamber jammed. Punk rock sucks. ( breathes, deep breathes, wipes sweat of face ).

I Can't disagree with anything you've said there, but the whole episode was a PR exercise by Malcolm McLaren.....and it worked. Lydon and the rest just spouted the shit which he told them to say. John Lydon has since confessed to actually liking The Floyd.

Genie1

Reaction score
I hate Bon Jovi with a passion, if it comes on the radio when I'm in the car I have to turn it off. Also Florence and the Machine, James Blunt

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HoustonBoy

Members online