Pink Floyd (Official Thread)

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
I missed David's birthday yesterday...:peek

One of my all time favorite guitarists.:bow:

Hope he enjoys many more and good health as well.

Years ago he used to fly P-51's as a hobby, I wonder if he still does that?

Masherbrum

Riding the Steel Breeze
Reaction score
I missed David's birthday yesterday...:peek

One of my all time favorite guitarists.:bow:

Hope he enjoys many more and good health as well.

Years ago he used to fly P-51's as a hobby, I wonder if he still does that?

This is one of two he used to own, he sold it in 2003. The owner kept the name the same.
DBZ_2608.jpg

He sold all of his airplanes including the other Pony, but he kept a Stearman Bi-Plane which he still flies to this day.

He started "Intrepid Aviation" as a hobby, but it soon grew into something he never thought would happen.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Thanks for the info Masher.:cheers2

Intrepid Aviation...:hm:

He has his own airline as a hobby?

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^Okay I don't usually pay much attention to what Rock stars do in their spare time, but David being a pilot sort of stuck with me Masher.

Seeing you are here for a visit...:D...does Nick Mason still race old sports cars?

TheSound

An Englishman in New York
Reaction score
I know Nick is a huge F1 fan and you often see him around race tracks at GP weekends, he's a serious speed freak for sure. I'm pretty sure that he owns one of the most valuable Ferrari's in the world, valued at £20 million or something ridiculous. And he once competed in the 24 Hour Le Mans race too.

Masherbrum

Riding the Steel Breeze
Reaction score
^^Okay I don't usually pay much attention to what Rock stars do in their spare time, but David being a pilot sort of stuck with me Masher.

Seeing you are here for a visit...:D...does Nick Mason still race old sports cars?

As far as I know, he still participates in the Vintage races. He did the identical thing with his cars, that Gilmour did with his Planes. Nick created a Company called Ten Tenths, IIRC.

He still runs the 24 Hours LeMans as recent as 2010 and loans out the vehicles to Movies, Commercials, etc.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Holy Crap TS,,,20 Million pounds...:eek: I am not a big car guy...I would love to race them but when it comes to fixing them etc., I'd need a crew to do that.

Yeah Masher that's what I thought, I saw him on our Speed channel two years ago racing at "Goodwood" I think it was which has a lot of the best old vintage cars race every year.

Masherbrum

Riding the Steel Breeze
Reaction score
Holy Crap TS,,,20 Million pounds...:eek: I am not a big car guy...I would love to race them but when it comes to fixing them etc., I'd need a crew to do that.

Yeah Masher that's what I thought, I saw him on our Speed channel two years ago racing at "Goodwood" I think it was which has a lot of the best old vintage cars race every year.

Also of note, that is the exact Ferrari GTO he put up for collateral against the AMLOR Tour.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Also of note, that is the exact Ferrari GTO he put up for collateral against the AMLOR Tour.

You mean he used his car to help arrange financial backing for the tour?? I wonder if David or Rick did something similar...:think:

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OEITrinida

Members online