Pentagram (Official Thread)

Nololob

Long Live Wock 'n' Woll
Reaction score
Re: Pentagram

I put my diskman on pause and plugged my headphone in to blast that ..
haha ..that was awesome \m/

Great cover , is that on a CD ? I have never heard it before

Various Artists - Thousand Days Of Yesterdays - A Tribute To Captain Beyond

cover_5939171132009.jpg
1. Dancing Madly Backwards (On a Sea of Air)
2. Armworth
3. Myopic Void
4. Mesmerization Eclipse
5. Raging River of Fear
6. Thousand Days of Yesterday (Intro)
7. Frozen Over
8. Thousand Days of Yesterday (Time Since Come and Gone)
9. I Can't Feel Nothin' (Part One)
10. As the Moon Speaks (to the Waves of the Sea)
11. Astral Lady
12. As the Moon Speaks (Return)
13. I Can't Feel Nothin' (Part Two)
14. Starglow Energy
15. Sweet Dreams
16. Dansar Galet Bakat (Dancing Madly Backwards in Swedish)
17. Fortrollande Formorkelse (Mesmerization Eclipse in Swedish)

Line-up / Musicians

- Pentagram / Track 1
- Rise and Shine / Track 2
- Standarte / Track 3
- Lotus With Brian Robertson / Track 4
- The Flower Kings / Track 5
- The Quill / Tracks 6-7
- Five Fifteen With Nik / Track 8
- Locomotive Breath / Tracks 9 and 13
- Zello / Tracks 10-12
- Orchid Leaves / Track 14
- ZoomlenZ (Featuring Willy Daffern) / Track 15
- Qoph / Track 16
- Abramis Brama / Track 17

From the line-up I know only Pentagram. :bonk:

DaKillerWolf

Cosmic Time Warp Warrior
Reaction score

Various Artists - Thousand Days Of Yesterdays - A Tribute To Captain Beyond

cover_5939171132009.jpg
1. Dancing Madly Backwards (On a Sea of Air)
2. Armworth
3. Myopic Void
4. Mesmerization Eclipse
5. Raging River of Fear
6. Thousand Days of Yesterday (Intro)
7. Frozen Over
8. Thousand Days of Yesterday (Time Since Come and Gone)
9. I Can't Feel Nothin' (Part One)
10. As the Moon Speaks (to the Waves of the Sea)
11. Astral Lady
12. As the Moon Speaks (Return)
13. I Can't Feel Nothin' (Part Two)
14. Starglow Energy
15. Sweet Dreams
16. Dansar Galet Bakat (Dancing Madly Backwards in Swedish)
17. Fortrollande Formorkelse (Mesmerization Eclipse in Swedish)

Line-up / Musicians

- Pentagram / Track 1
- Rise and Shine / Track 2
- Standarte / Track 3
- Lotus With Brian Robertson / Track 4
- The Flower Kings / Track 5
- The Quill / Tracks 6-7
- Five Fifteen With Nik / Track 8
- Locomotive Breath / Tracks 9 and 13
- Zello / Tracks 10-12
- Orchid Leaves / Track 14
- ZoomlenZ (Featuring Willy Daffern) / Track 15
- Qoph / Track 16
- Abramis Brama / Track 17

From the line-up I know only Pentagram. :bonk:

COOL !! Thanks, some good bands on that tribute ! Gonna grab that up if possible.

EDIT ; I only know four of them..

hawk11

Reaction score

I really like Pentagram though agree they're not in the same class as Sabbath. I have 3 of their CDS along with "Child Of Darkness" by Bedemon which has a number of good songs though the recording is kind of lousy.

Also a big fan of Victor Griffin's band Place Of Skulls.

Last edited:

DaKillerWolf

Cosmic Time Warp Warrior
Reaction score

I really like Pentagram though agree they're not in the same class as Sabbath. I have 3 of their CDS along with "Child Of Darknes" by Bedemon which has a number of good songs though the recording is kind of lousy.

Also a big fan of Victor Griffin's band Place Of Skulls.

You should check out Victor Griffin's solo album entitled Late For An Early Grave.

The Bedemon recording were recorded on very cheap unprofessional equipment years ago so of course they sound kind of shitty but I like them none the less.

Nololob

Long Live Wock 'n' Woll
Reaction score

Speaking of Bedemon...

From their official website.
Yes... yes, we know: it was supposed to be out in 2010. So what happened? To be perfectly blunt, getting a decent deal has turned out to be a lot harder than expected. 'The biz' isn't what it was even just 3-4 years ago; labels have folded or been absorbed by larger ones. Production and sales of physical product have been diminishing in favor of downloads, and the labels that are still around are getting tighter with their budgets. Being that this is a studio project and not a release by a current, touring, functioning band, there's less profit for the labels in terms of tour merchandise etc. Some labels expressed interest and said they'd work up an offer... and then never got back to us, and then ignored repeated e-mails and phone messages. Go figure. Virtually everyone that has heard the album, or even parts of it, has said it is a killer 70s-style heavy monster, so it isn't a problem with the material. It is both baffling and extremely frustrating! We want this out for the fans to finally hear. Randy's memory and music deserves a bit more respect and interest than we've gotten so far...

Having said that, we are currently in discussions - as in, literally within the past week - with labels and can say with 99.9% certainty that this long-in-the-works project will finally see the dark of night in the first half of 2011 on both CD and vinyl, and probably downloads as well.

You'll read about it here when we have some definite news...

Nololob

Long Live Wock 'n' Woll
Reaction score

OMG, OMG, OMG, OMG, OMG, OMG, OMG!!! I CAN'T WAIT FOR THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PENTAGRAM has released the cover art and tracklisting for their first full-length album since 1994. LAST RITES will be released on April 12, 2011 via Metal Blade Records, and features cover art by Mo Moussa (MoMoussa.com) who is best known for his work with Marvel & DC Comics. Mo Moussa's other credentials include New Line Cinema, Nickelodeon as well as the four major TV networks. A Philly native and a huge fan of underground music, his work also graces the covers of several of his favorite local bands including Total ****ing Destruction.

Last Rites track listing:
1. Treat Me Right
2. Call the Man
3. Into the Ground
4. 8
5. Everything's Turning to Night
6. Windmills and Chimes
7. American Dream
8. Walk in Blue Light
9. Horseman
10. Death in 1st Person
11. Nothing Left

Pentagram-last-rites.jpg

The taste of forthcoming album (Walk in Blue Light was originally recorded in 1970s)

Nololob

Long Live Wock 'n' Woll
Reaction score

That cover is very interesting as it seems to be used somewhere else... let me think... oh yes! Black Sabbath the "Born Again" era.

black_sabbath_paranoid_in_reading_27_8_1983-none-1274705632.jpeg

Nololob

Long Live Wock 'n' Woll
Reaction score

Metal Blade Records will be invading Austin, Texas this March as a part of the South By Southwest (SXSW) Film Conference and Festival, with bands playing at various showcases. Fans will also have the chance to catch the world premier of the PENTAGRAM film "Last Days Here" on three separate days.

Metal Blade Records artists playing SXSW this year include PENTAGRAM, WHITECHAPEL, THE RED CHORD, ACROSS THE SUN, and DAWN OF ASHES. PENTAGRAM, who is rumored to be playing a secret surprise show on Friday, March 18, will perform with its current lineup, featuring Bobby Liebling, Victor Griffin, Greg Turley, and Virginia's Albert Born as the group's new drummer.

"Last Days Here" tells the story of Bobby Liebling, lead singer of the cult hard rock/heavy metal band PENTAGRAM. Frozen for decades in his parents' basement, Bobby's music is finally discovered by the heavy metal underground. With the help of Sean "Pellet" Pelletier, his friend and manager, Bobby attempts to overcome years of addiction, loneliness, and broken dreams. Intimate, raw, and unexpectedly funny, "Last Days Here" portrays the unbelievable journey of a man at the crossroads of life and death.

The film was produced by 9.14 Pictures, an independent production company that specializes in documentary films. The film was directed by Don Argott and Demian Fenton and produced by Sheena M. Joyce. The company's filmography includes last year's critically acclaimed "The Art Of The Steal", "Two Days In April" and "Rock School".

"Last Days Here" is in the "Featured Documentary" competition and is up against seven other documentaries which were chosen out of the 808 submitted.

"Last Days Here" screenings:

Monday, March 14 - 4:30 p.m. @ Vimeo Theatre -World Premiere
Tuesday, March 15 - 2 p.m. @ Alamo Lamar C
Friday, March 18 - 4:30 p.m. @ Vimeo Theatre

latsdayshere.jpg

Nololob

Long Live Wock 'n' Woll
Reaction score

After releasing a single Call The Man...

...they also released a song Treat Me Right you can hear there ----> PENTAGRAM | LAST RITES

What an album coming out... ^^

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AugustaLhk

Staff online

Members online