Paul McCartney (Official Thread)

Jet

Midway Up The Ceiling
Reaction score
I'm a crazy in love with Paul McCartney fan, but lately I haven't been impressed with a lot of his work, including that song. :( It sounds mundane and the message is getting worn.

Jet

Midway Up The Ceiling
Reaction score
I agree with you on that and you are also right about some of his recent work being patchy, but at least "New" was great!

I like his "Hope" song, which was released in 1993, a lot better. In my opinion it sounds–well–more hopeful.

Jet

Midway Up The Ceiling
Reaction score
I love most of Paul's work, but he's way past his expiration date.

I wouldn't go that far. I think he needs to find someone to work with, like he did when he played across from John Lennon. They bounced ideas off each other. Obviously, he is never going to find another John Lennon, but he always works better when he has someone to exchange ideas with. I would be curious to see him make an album with his son.

Jet

Midway Up The Ceiling
Reaction score
Did anyone else see Paul McCartney on Jimmy Fallon tonight? He didn't look well. He seemed really off. Just wondering. :( (12/17/14)

Hurdy Gurdy Man

Reaction score
Missed Sir Paul on Fallon,but as far as his more recent performances I HAVE caught a glimpse of two of,I actually go into the viewing and listening experience hardly expecting the Beatles/Wings Paul.First.sometime in the 80's he began to lose that something special in his writing,which,of course,if perfectly understandable considering all the hugely cultural contributions he made in his earlier days.Then sometime in the 90's,we all started picking up on Paul's aging voice and delivery.I myself look at things this way.Here's a man who has brought endless joy of musical appreciation that will stand forever.He will someday be viewed as we see Beethoven and Brahms now.Let's just appreciate that we are all very fortunate to be sharing the earth with such an historically significant figure.People age and slow down and in the process usually begin to show signs of being unable to perform in certain areas in life the way they once could.While it is rather disheartening to eyewitness the decline of stage artists such as McCartney,just what exactly do people expect from the man?Well,Paul,we in the classic rock nation fully appreciate your many wonderful artistic endeavors and truly appreciate how much positive influence you have had on our musical and personal philosophies and we are all quite substantially in gratitude.We all must never forget how we felt when we learned of the passings of John Lennon and George Harrison..................

Reaction score
I really love Paul McCartney and his music. I saw him in Copenhagen, Denmark 1976 and recorded the complete concert and released the tape as a double album - Paul McCartney & Wings Live At The Falkoner Theatre, Copenhagen, Denmark 1976. :)

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Staff online

Members online