Paul McCartney (Official Thread)

Nai Noswad

Reaction score
.... Nice SG Denny is playing, different scratch plate too.
If I'm correct a day before Bloody Sunday, Paul and John had agreed to not have a go at each other via songs....
Give Ireland Back To The Irish.

BeatleMatt

Reaction score
As I have said a few times, I don’t listen to radio broadcast much at all but I’m sitting here lamenting that recently I can recall “classic rock” radio playing so few Paul McCartney songs. Songs like the live version of “Maybe I’m Amazed”, “Band On The Run”, maybe “Silly Love Songs” and of course from Halloween until Valentines Day you’ll here “Wonderful Christmastime”.
It seems the definitive version of “Live And Let Die” is now by Guns and Roses.

Nai Noswad

Reaction score
As I have said a few times, I don’t listen to radio broadcast much at all but I’m sitting here lamenting that recently I can recall “classic rock” radio playing so few Paul McCartney songs. Songs like the live version of “Maybe I’m Amazed”, “Band On The Run”, maybe “Silly Love Songs” and of course from Halloween until Valentines Day you’ll here “Wonderful Christmastime”.
It seems the definitive version of “Live And Let Die” is now by Guns and Roses.
Well BeatleMatt... I often have "radio reflections" going on in my mind.... listening to Radio Trent 301 on MW!
... this laying on the lawn in summer heat.
Let Em In.

BeatleMatt

Reaction score
I meant to say, you don’t hear many of his songs playing on the radio today. Every five years or so a new “classic rock” song is created. A song that was once new and fresh and just rock, and suddenly, 30 years or so passes and the song become “classic rock”. So perhaps because radio programmers are so lazy, they sometimes reduce the songs they have in rotation and tend to only play those certain songs time and time again.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bringzip

Staff online

Members online