Our own threads

Jet

Midway Up The Ceiling
Reaction score
Since Google took over Youtube got ridiculously anal over videos and have deleted them pretty quick.

I also think some of people who uploaded stuff got upset with Google+ and let their subscriptions run out. I looked for some videos that use to be their and they are gone. :mad The way Google + messed up the commenting is awful. They dumped replies in my Gmail from people I never commented to, and I don't even have Google+! :rolleyes:

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score
If I remember correctly, the user community can edit posts/threads for 3 days. After that, you'll have to have a mod or admin help you out.

The Wanderer

Kids With Guns
Reaction score
Since Google took over Youtube got ridiculously anal over videos and have deleted them pretty quick.

Darn shame, with a company like Google "the average Internet users go-to website" you would think that they would be a little more lenient with videos and let music/shows/etc be spread. What it all comes back to though is it is all about the $.

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score
Darn shame, with a company like Google "the average Internet users go-to website" you would think that they would be a little more lenient with videos and let music/shows/etc be spread. What it all comes back to though is it is all about the $.

When a lawyer comes knocking on your door and says you are sharing copyrighted material and either remove it or be prepared to be sued, what do you expect them to do? People knocking Google and/or YT for this are clueless. It's the artists themselves (and their lawyers) or it's specific recording companies (and their teams of lawyers) that are responsible for this. Not Google / Youtube.

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score

In some ways yes, I don't entirely put it on Youtube or Google because some do share music and stuff without permission. Youtube/Google have other problems that they contributed to though.

Jet

Midway Up The Ceiling
Reaction score
In some ways yes, I don't entirely put it on Youtube or Google because some do share music and stuff without permission. Youtube/Google have other problems that they contributed to though.

They completely messed up the commenting part. :mad

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
lol Yeah Youtube have ****ed a lot of things up but especially the comments.

The Wanderer

Kids With Guns
Reaction score
When a lawyer comes knocking on your door and says you are sharing copyrighted material and either remove it or be prepared to be sued, what do you expect them to do? People knocking Google and/or YT for this are clueless. It's the artists themselves (and their lawyers) or it's specific recording companies (and their teams of lawyers) that are responsible for this. Not Google / Youtube.

True, I made a mistake by completely forgetting about all that. Well not everyone knows the ins and outs of YouTube and the music biz. While it is not rocket science it is not common sense either. People look for (a) person(s) to blame very quick. For this situation it happens to be YouTube.

The Wanderer

Kids With Guns
Reaction score

Yea like Lynch was saying...

What I suppose it all boils down to is music is being downloaded and/or shared for free almost everywhere, so they will stop it at the one place they can stop it with nasty law suits and press. A ineffective mentality of kill one head of the hydra and hopefully the other two heads will bow out and die.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OEITrinida

Members online