Opeth (Official Thread)

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Re: Opeth

**** that I won't spoil the album by listening to it even on streams. Ruins the enjoyment of waiting to buy it.

joe

Reaction score

What a great title>Heritage. This album is mostly about the '70's. A complexity of hard rock/heavy prog/heavy psych/Krautrock/folk-rock/jazz-fusion/early PT and touch of prog-metal here and there. The acoustic strings are fantastic. Something I haven't heard in quite a while. A somber atmosphere which is not surprising. Akerfeldt's clean vocals are somewhat something to get used to but IMO this is all about the music. There is a couple of weak tracks, but overall, very well done"Retro" all the way. Steven Wilson's production is excellent as now that is a given.

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score

What a great title>Heritage. This album is mostly about the '70's. A complexity of hard rock/heavy prog/heavy psych/Krautrock/folk-rock/jazz-fusion/early PT and touch of prog-metal here and there. The acoustic strings are fantastic. Something I haven't heard in quite a while. A somber atmosphere which is not surprising. Akerfeldt's clean vocals are somewhat something to get used to but IMO this is all about the music. There is a couple of weak tracks, but overall, very well done"Retro" all the way. Steven Wilson's production is excellent as now that is a given.

I heard bits and pieces and was impressed myself for what this album has to offer. A lot of Opeth fans are thinking though what the ****?

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
OPETHS NEW ALBUM ****ING RULES.
Everything good I expected of it is what this album is :D

sco703

Reaction score
This is the band I will fully delve into next. I purchased Blackwater Park and have listened to it a few times through and definitely find it interesting. But it will definitely take some more listening before I can say that I am really into it. I wanna know enough to see them next month.

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
This is the band I will fully delve into next. I purchased Blackwater Park and have listened to it a few times through and definitely find it interesting. But it will definitely take some more listening before I can say that I am really into it. I wanna know enough to see them next month.

Check out Still Life as well :)

Prime

Daydreaming
Reaction score
Damnation has become one of my favorite's of Opeth's recently. The growls with this band are alright, but the clean vocals are absolutely phenomenal.

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
O.K., I just heard this song from a Facebook friend! Couldn't give a shit if it's the least metal song this band has! My contribution to this thread is I think this is a cool track! Anyone know who the female vocal is done by! Love her! :grinthumb

Opeth-Coil

Oh, just got the name and found a live version with both of them! Great live as well! :)

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ByronPasch

Members online

No members online now.