Old School THRASH METAL (- Big 4 )

E-Z

Reaction score
I LOVE Skeptics Apocalypse :grinthumb :bow:
Yeah i kinda like AGENT STEEL as well METALPRIEST although John Cyriis vocals are abit 'high' but you kinda get use to his singing style after a while although i must admit that i ain't played any of there cds for a while but there are worth having in any thrash metal fan's collection all the same. :grinthumb

DaKillerWolf

Cosmic Time Warp Warrior
Reaction score
Cool video, MP.

Hate to be contrary ( sorta :D) but The Great Kat plays classical music compositions, super fast, on guitar in a metal style. It's commonly referred to as Neo-Classical Speed Metal ( for obvious reasons) and is not thrash, IMO.
( just put the IMO in there to be nice :D )

Agent Steel is awesome, usually referred to as Speed Metal ..something some people are unable to distinguish from Thrash for whatever reason. Anyway, I've seen them live twice and my favorites by them would be Omega Conspiracy and Alienigma, though I do like and own all of them, plus their live DVD. The first two are also killer (Skeptics Apocalypse ,Unstoppable Force)

E-Z

Reaction score
Cool video, MP.

Hate to be contrary ( sorta :D) but The Great Kat plays classical music compositions, super fast, on guitar in a metal style. It's commonly referred to as Neo-Classical Speed Metal ( for obvious reasons) and is not thrash, IMO.
( just put the IMO in there to be nice :D )
Hey DaKillerWolf you are correct dude The Great Kat was more speed metal/Neo-Classical rather then 'pure thrash' i just thought i would name drop her cos i've got two of her cds from the 1980s and on one of them she sounds abit like Dave Mustaine & Megadeth believe it or not!. :D

Yeah thats a true observation dude some metalhead's are abit hazy on wot is thrash and wot is speed metal but not me i'm a real hardcore mutha!. :oyea:

DaKillerWolf

Cosmic Time Warp Warrior
Reaction score
I can see how some forms of Speed Metal can get mixed up with Thrash in peoples minds. Bands like Agent Steel and Canada's Exciter are similar to Thrash in alot of ways. However, bands like Stormwarrior ( Power/ Speed) and The Great Kat are very different from Thrash metal and are not so easily excused :D

The True Queen of Thrash is Sabina Classen of Germany's

HOLY MOSES

1986 Queen of Siam
1987 Finished With the Dogs
1989 The New Machine of Liechtenstein
1990 World Chaos
1991 Terminal Terror
1992 Reborn Dogs
1994 No Matter What's the Cause
2002 Disorder of the Order
2005 Strength Power Will Passion
2008 Agony of Death
2012 30th-Year Anniversary: In the Power of Now

5933_Holy%20Moses.jpg

One of my favorite Thrash Metal bands, they have been around since
the beginning of the movement. I have all their CDs up to Reborn and then Agony as well. I plan get have them all at some point.

//

//

and yes I know EZ, you don't like "Death" Thrash :heheh:

:cheers2

Last edited by a moderator:

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I need to check Holy Moses out. Nice write up. :D

E-Z

Reaction score
Hey DaKillerWolf i'm a bad mutha f****r and a heavy duty hardcore dude!!. :tongue:

Yeah you mutha point taken (again) on the Great Kat but on one of her albums i've got she does thrash on sum numbers BUT overall she is more 'speed metal' without a doubt dude. :D

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
:oyea: Dunno why but I found that funny.

E-Z

Reaction score
:oyea: Dunno why but I found that funny.

It's said with tongue in cheek guy's cos i make myself laugh when i'm writing that s***!. :oyea:

"Death to false metal" as the guy's in MANOWAR say. :D

Last edited by a moderator:

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
allmylife11

Members online