Old School THRASH METAL (- Big 4 )

E-Z

Reaction score
The Bonded by blood album is the 'classic thrash metal' debut album by the 'mighty' EXODUS featuring original vocalist the 'late great' Paul Baloff.

This album should be in every thrash metal fan's collection (and not from a down load you mutha's!). :D

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Hope Mortal Sin gets a mention, I recently discovered this Aussie thrash band and they are pretty damn good.

DaKillerWolf

Cosmic Time Warp Warrior
Reaction score
If the music is thrash which all Exodus is that I have heard then its thrash metal as far as I see it.
But yeah, I enjoyed the Pleasures album, I prefer Bonded but its still decent.

I can't see calling any of their vocals on any of the CDs Death vocals at all. I know I told you I hadn't heard much of the newer stuff but I HAVE heard it just not more then one or two plays per newer album. I am not buying any of it as Death Metal vocals in the least. It might be hard to hear the difference to the uninitiated but it is plain as day to me.

Last edited:

DaKillerWolf

Cosmic Time Warp Warrior
Reaction score
The Bonded by blood album is the 'classic thrash metal' debut album by the 'mighty' EXODUS featuring original vocalist the 'late great' Paul Baloff.

This album should be in every thrash metal fan's collection (and not from a down load you mutha's!). :D

I have the first 5 EXODUS' on retail CD. Screw dowloads, I mean I do download stuff to hear new music, but I buy my music and collect it once I hear it and dig it.

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I can't see calling any of their vocals on any of the CDs Death vocals at all. I know I told you I hadn't heard much of the newer stuff but I HAVE heard it just not more then one or two plays per newer album. I am not buying any of it as Death Metal vocals in the least. It might be hard to hear the difference to the uninitiated but it is plain as day to me.

Fair enough, Ill listen to them again anyway to get full measure of it myself lol often what I hear the first time can form me a different opinion the second time.

Edit - I take it back, it was a different band I was thinking of, not Exodus regarding the vocals.

Last edited:

E-Z

Reaction score
I liked SEPULTURA'S 1st, 2nd & 3rd albums Morbid Visions released in 1986, Schizophrenia released in 1987 and Beneath the Remains released in 1989 although later albums like Roots i'm abit indifferent about. :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:

E-Z

Reaction score
THRASH METAL QUEEN. :wtf:

Heres someone that you mutha's mite remember or heard of from da 80s someone who was the female equivalent of Dave Mustaine (she even played and sounded like Dave) and played guitar faster!!. :wtf:

The GREAT KAT female U.S. thrash metal queen guitar supremo!!. :grinthumb

The GREAT KAT wos f*****g AWESOME!!. :wtf:

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
Wanted to say that I dig the Exodus write up/ I also like the old Exodus. Anyone remember the Combat home video with Slayer and Venom?? I know Wolf will for sure. Paul Baloff...man....

Anyway here is a clip if I can add to this.

E-Z

Reaction score
Da main thing with SLAYER & EXODUS is that these mutha's have trod the same THRASH METAL path from the beginning and have NEVER deviated from it so for that reason alone they have my 100% RESPECT!!. Guy's your all f******g AWESOME!!. :grinthumb

AGENT STEEL i've got the following cds which were re-released in the U.K. 10-15 years ago -

Skeptics Apocalypse
Mad Locust rising
Unstoppable force
Omega conspiracy

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online