Old School THRASH METAL (- Big 4 )

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Its a good thing, people could use more thrashers other then the usual big name bands. Nice to bring some attention to under rated bands.

E-Z

Reaction score
Yeah EXODUS those mutha's are HEAVY DUTY and probably my favourite in thrash but i could never get into ANTHRAX for some resaon those dude's are false metal???. :uh:

DaKillerWolf

Cosmic Time Warp Warrior
Reaction score
Anthrax has a lot of good and some great albums. But since this thread is about bands other then The Big 4, I guess we don't have to worry about that :D

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I recently got Exodus Pleasures Of The Flesh, I have Bonded by Blood and Fabulous Disaster from their 80s stuff, how does Pleasures compare?

E-Z

Reaction score
Anthrax has a lot of good and some great albums. But since this thread is about bands other then The Big 4, I guess we don't have to worry about that :D
Thanx for pointing that out DaKillerWolf but i had to name drop EXODUS cos those mutha's are possibly(?) the 'finest thrash metal band' of all time!.

Englands very own ONSLAUGHT are worth a name check if only cos they are from England and not from the U.S. or Germany like most other thrash metal bands. :D

DaKillerWolf

Cosmic Time Warp Warrior
Reaction score
Thanx for pointing that out DaKillerWolf but i had to name drop EXODUS cos those mutha's are possibly(?) the 'finest thrash metal band' of all time!.

Englands very own ONSLAUGHT are worth a name check if only cos they are from England and not from the U.S. or Germany like most other thrash metal bands. :D

Just messing with you my friend :D Exodus rules and are not in the big four anyway..was referring to the Thrax comment. Not that I was serious or anything. And yeah, Onslaught are cool, my second favorite UK Thrash band right after Sabbat. Have you heard their 2011 release, ONSLAUGHT ~ Sounds of Violence ? Pretty freakin' awesome stuff..

I have five of their CD's Power From Hell ,The Force ,In Search of Sanity, Killing Peace and just bought Sounds of Violence a few days back out in L.A. ( can't get anything out here anymore..it's either a trip to LA or the interwebz )

@ Riff, it's something like a cross between Bonded and Fabulous ..good Thrash metal album though maybe not as good as Bonded ..definitely worth owning.

E-Z

Reaction score
Yeah when it comes to ONSLAUGHT i've got the albums Power from hell, The Force, In search of sanity & Killing peace but i rarely listen to them nowadays cos i'm not that fond of death/thrash but as a band they're ok.

E-Z

Reaction score
Death Thrash !?!?! I guess we all get old and lose our fire at some point :heheh:
Wot da f**k!!. Hey DaKillerWolf i've still got the fire when it comes to thrash & speed metal BUT this mutha was never BIG on death or death/thrash!!. :tongue:

DaKillerWolf

Cosmic Time Warp Warrior
Reaction score
I don't see them as Death Thrash at all. They don't really have any of the Death Metal element. They just have a bit harsher Thrash Metal vocal style then most of the Bay Area thrash bands. Death Thrash is more along the lines of Deceased, Arch Enemy ( even though they get tagged as melo-death because they have alot of guitar harmonies) .

Very Thrashy Death Metal with Death Metal vocals.

You seem to class just about everything that isn't Bay Area Thrash as Death Thrash. I'm kind of surprised you don't classify Exodus as Death Thrash as they are a bit on the harsher side as well. Not that I'm taking exception to your view point or anything but I see it very differently then you.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shannan518

Members online