Old School THRASH METAL (- Big 4 )

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
I've never tried E-Bay for music. Seeing you and DKW have used it..I may have to give it a try sometime.

(and yes...DKW knows his metal!!) :grinthumb :bow:

DaKillerWolf

Cosmic Time Warp Warrior
Reaction score
Death%20Angel%20logo.jpg

deathangel.jpg

Mark Osegueda (lead vocals),Rob Cavestany (lead guitar, vocals), Andy Galeon (drums, vocals,), Dennis Pepa (bass, vocals,), Gus Pepa (rhythm guitar, )

Death Angel was one of the thrash metal bands to emerge from the Bay Area in the early 80's and are considered by most thrash aficionados to be one of the better ones, though some site their material after The Ultra Violence as "too melodic ", something I do not agree with. In fact, Death Angel are one my all time favorites of the genre and music in general . The band was formed in 1982 by five Filipino cousins who stayed together all the way through the band's history. Drummer Andy Galeon was only 13 when they began playing and was extraordinary drummer even at that age. The rest of Death Angel were also quite young at the time ( though not that young ) and they were quite amazing, even playing gigs w/ Metallica etc. Around 1989 they toured with Motörhead and signed a record deal with Geffen Records. During the promotion tour for the album "Act III" their tour bus crashed in the middle of the desert between Phoenix and Las Vegas. Death Angel was scheduled for the opening slot on the Clash of the Titans tour but could not appear due to drummer Andy Galeon being hurt badly, it took him more than a year to fully recover. In 1992 the vocalist Mark Osegueda left the band since he didn't want to wait around for his recovery without doing anything. The rest of the members continued but changed the band's name to The Organization. The band reunited for the Thrash Of The Titans benefit concert for Testament vocalist Chuck Billy on August 11th, 2001, at San Francisco's Maritime Hall and that one off show made them realize that they should get back together for real. In October 2003 the band signed a new deal with the German label Nuclear Blast and have been playing live and releasing albums ever since. I have seen them live and they are really and truly mind blowingly awesome . I have all their full lengths on CD, some I have on vinyl
as well,other then the last one, and I have it in my cart for my next vinyl order.

1983 Heavy Metal Insanity tape traded demo
1985 Kill As One tape traded demo
1987 The Ultra-Violence
1988 Frolic Through The Park
1990 Act III
1990 Fall From Grace (live)

2004 The Art Of Dying
2008 Killing Season
2009 Sonic Beatdown - Live in Germany(have this on live DVD:bow:)
2010 Relentless Retribution

//

//

//

EDIT : Oh, and thanks for the kind words guys ....

Last edited:

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I loved The Ultra Violence album. The only album I have managed to hear from them so far.

DaKillerWolf

Cosmic Time Warp Warrior
Reaction score
I loved The Ultra Violence album. The only album I have managed to hear from them so far.

The rest are a bit more diverse but awesome none the less,IMO. Frolic was the one that took the most adaptation for me but after a few listens really dig it as well. Try Act III and Killing Season next if so inclined :grinthumb

DaKillerWolf

Cosmic Time Warp Warrior
Reaction score
Thanks ,Numb.

@ MP I really like Frolic alot now and have for along time it just threw for a loop on first listen ..so different from Ultra

one my favs from frolic

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
^^ Yeah that's good stuff!! You may have seen this....pretty cool and funny interview spot for Hard 'N HEavy

MP Edit: Video removed from Youtube

electric funeral

Just listening music
Reaction score
Death Angel is a great band. Had The Ultra-Violence, Frolic Through The Park and Act III for a long time. When The Art Of Dying was released a friend brought it over and I was really surprised. That is one good and heavy album.

Great call!!

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nowiknowitsJAG

Members online

No members online now.