Oasis Beats Out Beatles

Martha Washington

eat it! it's GOOD for you
Reaction score
I know Oasis fans who I'll bet spent HOURS voting in that poll as many times as they possibly could.

I could use a few fans like that.

Joey Self

A Voice Of Reason
Reaction score
Interesting item down in the article: only 2 American acts in the top twenty. Putting aside for a moment I can name plenty (read: HUNDREDS) of American albums better than NEVERMIND and IS THIS IT, and even taking into consideration that it's a NME poll, that was just stunning. And should have told the editors something was afoul with their methods of polling.

JcS

Reverend Rock

cool music and hot coffee
Reaction score
I think it all comes down to this...we're dealing with people who weren't born when the Beatles re-created the universe. If you weren't there when it happened, it may be hard to comprehend just how revolutionary they were. I guess us oldsters will just have to get used to having the Beatles as our private treasure. There's a lot more important things for me to do than defend their place in history. Anyone who actually thinks that Oasis are better than the Beatles can have their opinion, for all I care.

Music Wench

Rock and Roll Grandma
Reaction score
Not sure if I'm the one who should answer this since until a short time ago I couldn't stand Oasis. But then I was really just not liking the attitude of the Gallagher brothers more than anything(and Wonderwall, never liked that song). Having checked out some of their albums, I find they're pretty good. I don't think they're in the same league as the Beatles, IMO, but still, I'd recommend Definitely Maybe and (What's The Story) Morning Glory to start.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tayson ray