Oasis Beats Out Beatles

Martha Washington

eat it! it's GOOD for you
Reaction score
I'm not TOO keen on Oasis but, as a Beatles fan, I think they have a LOT to do with the astonishing re-assesment of the Beatles Revolver in the 90's. I know Oasis fans who never had the time of day for the Beatles until they heard those guys singing their praises.

did you know there was an OLD version of "I am the Walrus"???
LOL.

Music Wench

Rock and Roll Grandma
Reaction score
Martha Washington said:
did you know there was an OLD version of "I am the Walrus"???
LOL.
Yea, kind of like when kids started saying "Did you know Paul McCartney was in another band before Wings?" Not sure whether to laugh or cry on that one...

deezee

Reaction score
Reverend Rock said:
I think it all comes down to this...we're dealing with people who weren't born when the Beatles re-created the universe. If you weren't there when it happened, it may be hard to comprehend just how revolutionary they were. I guess us oldsters will just have to get used to having the Beatles as our private treasure. There's a lot more important things for me to do than defend their place in history. Anyone who actually thinks that Oasis are better than the Beatles can have their opinion, for all I care.
perfectly put rev. the good news is that i make kids clothes for a living. i do a series of rock and roll clothes for infants and toddlers and i get 3-4 year olds whose parents buy my beatles design. their kids know every word to every beatles song. there's nothing quite like listening to a 3 year old sing all the words to "helter skelter"......it's freaking hysterical.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
allmylife11

Members online