1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nick Drake (Official Thread)

Discussion in 'Folk & Celtic' started by newdawnfades, Oct 18, 2005.

1. LG

LG Fade To Black

^^You are right about that Jeffrey, I didn't really know what to expect when I first listened to all 3 of Nick's albums but was pleasantly surprised.

2. METALPRIEST

METALPRIEST Senior Member

My nephew who is like 28 is SOOOO into him right now!!

3. CP/M User

CP/M User Ace in the Hole

Finally got a hold of Five Leaves Left which I quite enjoyed. All of his albums are quite interesting to listen to and can see where people are taking more notice of his stuff.

4. jeffrey

jeffrey Alive & Well & Living In

Second to the right then straight on till morning
    with all the bootlegs circulating on the internet and elsewhere which claim to have his demo recordings on them, does anyone know if there is a definitive list of everything he ever recorded anywhere.

there are also on the internet 4 or 5 songs written by nick which are sung by elton john, before he became famous, which were used for publicity to get nicks work known. interesting but not really in the same spirit as the originals and seem rather half heartedly recorded.

5. CP/M User

I don't get it, I've got all 3 of the Nick Drake albums and now I find there's Singles and Alternative Takes (by the looks) of stuff which didn't make it on the albums and Island Records decided not to include these as Bonus Tracks. Surely there isn't enough to constitute another album, it's just frustrating when they do this. :(

6. CP/M User

Is Five Leaves Left much different on Vinyl to the CD do you know? For example the original track listing has "Day is Done" at 4 and "Way To Blue" at 5. And there's a few other differences with the track length, the opening Track "Time has Told Me" appears to be 30 seconds longer on CD and things like the CD album has the Produced date of 1970 when the Vinyl originally came out Sept. 69 according to Wikipedia.

Just curious because I've noticed other albums of the period being different when Remastered for CD, "Dr. Byrds & Mr. Hyde" being a bit of an example of that. :D

7. joker1961

joker1961 Skaven Coach

R.I.P Nick Drake...sadly missed

8. Cuddly Toy

Cuddly Toy Lover of Margaritas

If Nick Drake wouldn't have passed away so early in life I really believe we'd all be sitting here today saying how much he greatly influenced the acoustic folk music scene. Hell he put out some fantastic stuff in the short time he was with us.

9. joker1961

joker1961 Skaven Coach

Acoustic Folk Music!!!!

well said @Cuddy Toy...:bow::grinthumb

10. recgord27

recgord27 Walking down a dusty road

What a great artist Nick Drake was. He is one of the few artists that the more you listen to him, the more you realise that he was a singer of incredible depth. Some very sad songs that he bought out, but they talk to you. I have all three of his albums and love them all. Great, great music :bow::bow::bow:

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]