New Jeff Lynne solo album ready to roll

annie

metal maniac
Reaction score
The latest rumors are that the word "satellite" is in the album title and that it could be released in May, although I doubt it because the marketing campaign has not yet begun.

PopBang

Reaction score
New Lynne music is ALWAYS welcome! More and more you hear of young bands citing him as an influence, so it will be great to hear something new coming from the man himself.

annie

metal maniac
Reaction score
New Lynne music is ALWAYS welcome! More and more you hear of young bands citing him as an influence, so it will be great to hear something new coming from the man himself.

Yes, I could never figure out how someone who is supposed to be so creative can wait ten years between albums.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Maybe he is helping other artists, he is a highly respected collaborator judging by all the people he has worked with over the years. And maybe he was just not satisfied with the quality of his songs until now Annie, I will depend on you to keep us informed about one of your favorite people in music.;)

PopBang

Reaction score
Yes, I could never figure out how someone who is supposed to be so creative can wait ten years between albums.
In that regard, Lynne is much like Roger Waters. But I'd rather get something really good every ten years than some half baked,uninspired album every year like some bands give us.

annie

metal maniac
Reaction score
Yes, PopBang, I agree. I wasn't complaining, just wondering about Jeff's state of mind.

annie

metal maniac
Reaction score
We rarely ever hear anything about Jeff's private life, so I thought that the following would interest his fans.

Roger 'Ollie' Spencer was the drummer with The Idle Race. This Birmingham-based band was a key link in the formation of The E.L.O. Jeff Lynne was in their line-up for several years and their main songwriter. Ollie is still in touch with the other members of The Idle Race, and still very proud of his work with Jeff and the band, this is the interview Ollie gave to Digger at www.retrosellers.com

Excerpt on Jeff:

Digger: I wonder what would have happened if The Idle Race has been as big as The Stones or The Beatles?

Ollie: I'd have probably been dead by now. I'm sure it was meant to be. There's a longevity about not being famous. I think Jeff's come through it very well - he's been to hell and back and I went to see him last year and his wonderful home he's got in Beverly Hills and I emphasise that word HOME. It's a lovely home and a wonderful lady Camilla, who is stunning. The amazing thing about Jeff is that he speaks exactly the same now as the day I met him. He came over a couple of years ago and he wanted a curry and we went down to Broad Street and went to a curry buffet cafe and he said "I don't like this, where's the flock wallpaper? " So we came out of this posh buffet cafe and went down the road and found this really old naff curry house with flock wallpaper. "Oohh, that's more like it!" he said.
hmmmm now that sounds sooooo familiar - remember this?

Susan spent the weekend at her stately home
Crying at the lions on the garden wall
And then she'd sigh -- sneak away
Look at her style -- free the day
Oh no not me -- I wouldn't
Oh no not me -- I couldn't
That's all she says, her money and her place
They just don't mean a f*%king thing

Reaction score
Nice find Annie:grinthumb

I actually wound up listening to a lot of Lynne today:D
I started off with The Willburys, then a couple songs from The Move, and even didn't change the station when ELO came on the radio later on..

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
allmylife11

Members online