Neil Young (Official Thread)

Big Ears

Music Lover
Reaction score
I heard Clementine on the local radio station last night and it's Crazy Horse at their heavy grunge-y best. Johnny Dee in the July 2012 edition of Classic Rock Magazine gave it a positive review, saying, '[Young and CH] create a rumble of energy that seldom misfires.'

It's about time Ian McNabb made another album with Crazy Horse.

Sweaty

ThE OtHeR rAmOnE
Reaction score
I heard Clementine on the local radio station last night and it's Crazy Horse at their heavy grunge-y best. Johnny Dee in the July 2012 edition of Classic Rock Magazine gave it a positive review, saying, '[Young and CH] create a rumble of energy that seldom misfires.'

It's about time Ian McNabb made another album with Crazy Horse.

I agree, when I first saw him live he played all the stuff, was a very good night, not quite as good as Neil tho :heheh:

AboutAGirl

oh, be nice
Reaction score
Got my tickets for the Neil show here in the mail! Gonna try to go to the show in NYC as well!

Sweaty

ThE OtHeR rAmOnE
Reaction score
I will probably go to see Neil again over here if I get the chance, he is one hell of a live act and has a back catalogue that you would die for:)

Sweaty

ThE OtHeR rAmOnE
Reaction score
I love the new album, Neil does a grand job on these folk classics and with Crazy Horse backing him it is the icing on the cake. Some people may think because it's folk songs it won't be any good but it works and it is done very well IMO. Gallows Pole is one of my faves from the album:)

AboutAGirl

oh, be nice
Reaction score
It's honestly one of my favorite Neil Young albums of all-time. Top 15, which I mean for most bands that wouldn't be a compliment but Neil has 40 albums so....

Each one of these songs might as well be a Neil Young original. Travel On, High Flyin' Bird, Wayfarin Stranger, these could have all come off of Zuma! Even God Save The Queen would be right at home on Living With War. And the lyrics for these old folk songs, Neil brings in some good verses that we didn't learn in school! Dark, twisted stuff. =P

Sweaty

ThE OtHeR rAmOnE
Reaction score
It is a great album. he doesn't really make a bad album imo, I love his stuff, I would say that his early work is top drawer and some of his later stuff like Broken Arrow is also among his best.

Beethoven

Reaction score
I never used to like Neil Young but the last couple of years I've given him another listen and I have grown to really love some of his work. He's still hit and miss at times for me, but when he gets it right, holy cow! The more I listen to him the more I love what he does.

Chevelle

Protected Witness
Reaction score
For some reason Everybody Knows This Is Nowhere is my favorite LP. Some time a certain album will define where your head was at in a particular time in your life (or maybe that's just a lot of crap, I dunno).

I have to mention his one man soundtrack for the movie "Dead Man".

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online