Reaction score
Re: The Official Neil Young Thread

Love Neil Young, the man is a genius.

After the Gold Rush and Rust Never Sleeps :bow::bow::bow::bow::bow:

Groovy Man

I'm Not Like Everybody Else
Reaction score

Here's the official video for ''Over and Over'' from Neil Young's 1990 album, ''Ragged Glory''. The song is better than the video, but here ya go anyway....

Masherbrum

Riding the Steel Breeze
Reaction score

His rendition of "Down by the River" from last year's Glastonbury Festival was moving me to the point of tears. Quite simply one of the most amazing songs, that like a fine wine, ages beautifully.

rtbuck

Reaction score

I love Neil Young! The first time I heard him was on a Top 40 Radio show(I actually think it may have been Casey Kasem) in the 70's. He had just released Rust Never Sleeps & the DJ was going on about how basically the same song that opened the record closed the record except one was acoustic & one was electric. He then played the songs back to back because he felt they went together great & I was blown away especially at the distortion on the electric version & the line about Johnny Rotten. Soon afterwards I went to see the 3 D movie 'Rust Never Sleeps' & actually I think the main reason I went to see it because they were going to play a 30 minute film on Lynyrd Skynyrd before it. The movie was so great on the big screen in 3D & i became hooked on Neil Young. I seen his solo tour in the early 80's supporting the strange but great 'Trans' album. It was a wild show watching him going over & programming in the drum & keyboard sound.
I seen him again in 1986 on his Rusted Out Garage Tour & that still is one of my favorite shows of all-time. My favorite Neil Young songs are "Cowgirl in the Sand" & "After the Goldrush" but there are too many others to mention. I also liked his 'Reactor' & 'Landing on Water' albums as well as 'Greendale'.
Here's a video for the Minah Birds featuring Neil Young & Rick James (James sounds a lot like Jagger!)

architect

Supine In The Sunshine
Reaction score

I love Neil Young! I'm listening to him right now! My 2 favorites are his self titled album and After the Gold Rush.

Removed dead video

Last edited by a moderator:

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

I truly respect Neil Youngs songwriting. Lyrically speaking, he has some of the most heart felt lyrics in music.

My fave albums:

NeilYoungHarvestalbumcover.jpg Neil_Young_Rust_Never_Sleeps.jpg Harvest_-_neil_young.jpg

Džedaj

Groovy as hell.
Reaction score

Well last month I got hooked up for Neil Young and can't stop listening him! He's such musical genius - he made nice sweet songs like Old Man, Heart Of Gold, Harvest Moon, Cinammon Girl and yet made great kickass jam songs like Down By the River and Cowgirl in the Sand. Neil rocks! :geetar:

Yesterday I learned "Heart Of Stone" on my harmonica. I love that melody. Neil is brilliant :D

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

Dz, you play harmonica? That is so cool. you need to make a video of yourself playing and share it :)

Džedaj

Groovy as hell.
Reaction score

Dz, you play harmonica? That is so cool. you need to make a video of yourself playing and share it :)

Well I pick up my harp 3 months ago and I'm still learning how to play it. I'm to ashamed to make any video, I still suck :oyea:

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OEITrinida

Staff online

Members online