My Niece's Career

Slip'nn2Darkness

Sub Sonic Soul Shaker
Reaction score
Very talented girl MP.. Her playing takes me right to downtown Chicago..:grinthumb

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
Thanks Thumper and Trickster.

Hepcat: No. Not that I know of but they back up alot of big peformances and hold big ones of their own. Hower I believe Yale Philharmonia has...probably others.

41er58mnZNL._SL500_AA240_.jpg

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Wow! Kudos to Mary!

I would be proud too if I were you. They sound fantastic, and I admire her dedication to the music. Not to mention she is a hottie, also :)

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
Saying hello to youtube symphony 2011!! All music in the background is her playing. :grinthumb

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
This is very cool! Mary on Fox news for winning the youtube symphony and being on a FOX news report.

VIDEO HERE

NAPLES - More than 2-thousand people from around the world auditioned for the chance to be part of the 2011 YouTube Symphony Orchestra and one woman from Southwest Florida is one of the lucky ones.

Mary Bowden is a trumpet player from Naples and is in the "Land Down Under" this week. She was in Sydney, along with 100 other musicians from 33 countries, practicing and getting ready for this past Sunday's grand finale.

But Mary says she first heard about the YouTube Symphony Orchestra from someone who is not a musician.

"Well it's pretty random. My dad, who's not even a musician, he's an electrician, he saw it on the internet and called me. He told me about it and he told me Ii should go. And I love traveling. and of course to see MTT and Sydney, Australia, I said, of course, I have to make a tape,' said Mary.

The grand finale was a performance inside the Sydney Opera House with a multi-media presentation being projected on to the famous sails of the opera house. The performance was streamed live yesterday from Australia on YouTube. But you can still watch rebroadcasts of the event by going to YouTube and searching "2011 Symphony Orchestra."

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
Dude, that's beyond awesome! :cheering Dude, your family tree has like gold branches and shit! What a talented bunch you are! :grinthumb

And don't tell your niece but Damn, she's hot!

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I didn't listen to the whole 2 hours of the video, but I did listen to the first 10 minutes....

The Youtube Orchestra is fantastic! Kudos to Mary for being a part of it

:tup:

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bringzip

Staff online

Members online