My Niece's Career

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
My Niece (my oldest sister's daughter) plays for The Richmond Symphony Orchestra..and I'm not bragging but I thought I would give her some recognition and props since classical music is pretty popular in my family.

Show her some love and check out her website!! She's come along way but made it!! We're all proud!!!

I was going to post in the classical section to showcase her talent and growing career. But since the orchestra utilizes it's talent for many musical genres I decided on the musician's corner.

AUDIO CLIPS

WEBSITE

Biopic1.jpg

Trumpeter Mary Bowden, a native to the Chicagoland area, now resides in Richmond, VA. She is a member of the Richmond Symphony and teaches classical trumpet at Virginia Commonwealth University. This past summer Mary performed at the Atlantic Music Festival in Maine, the Classical Britt Festival in Oregon, and the Lucerne Festival Academy in Switzerland under the baton of Pierre Boulez. The past few summers she has performed chamber music at the Marlboro Music Festival.

Mary has been a member of Symphony in C, National Orchestral Institute, National Repertory Orchestra, Encore Chamber Orchestra, Curtis Symphony Orchestra and Opera Orchestra, Yale Philharmonia and has performed with the Naples Philharmonic, Virginia Symphony, Fairfax Symphony, New World Symphony, and the Breckenridge Music Institute. In May 2006 she was the acting principal trumpet of the Daejeon Philharmonic in Korea. She has worked with Charles Dutoit, Hans Vonk, Eschenbach, Otto Werner Mueller, Zinman, Temirkanov, Spano, Simon Rattle, Rostropovich, Dohnányi, Gerard Schwarz, Solzhenitsyn, Sarah Hatsuko Hicks, and Sawallisch.

Mary made her solo debut with the Birch Creek Symphony Orchestra performing the Arutunian Concerto, and has also performed the Hummel Concerto with the Lower Merion Symphony and the Vivaldi Concerto with the New Haven Chamber Orchestra. She enjoys performing solo recitals, and in January 2006 gave the American premiere of George Fenton’s 5 Parts of the Dance for trumpet, piano, and marimba in Sprague Hall at Yale University.

Mary received her Bachelor of Music degree from the Curtis Institute of Music where she studied with the principal trumpeter of the Philadelphia Orchestra, David Bilger. She was also awarded a full tuition scholarship at the Yale School of Music where she studied with Allan Dean and received her Master of Music degree in 2006. Before attending Curtis, Mary began college full time at age 14 and received her Associate Degree at age 16 from the Joliet Junior College where she focused on literature and was a paid tutor of English and biology.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Very well done MP.:tup:

Being a Huge fan of classical music I would be proud of her too if she was my niece. And it takes years of dedication to make it to the Symphony Orchestra level, props to her for that.:bow:

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
Very well done MP.:tup:

Being a Huge fan of classical music I would be proud of her too if she was my niece. And it takes years of dedication to make it to the Symphony Orchestra level, props to her for that.:bow:

Thanks Lord...we're all very proud of her. I still remember when she was a baby...but wow!! Anyway I hope others will enjoy her work and website.

:cheers:

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
I'll check her out later...Oops I mean her website of course.:heheh:

annie

metal maniac
Reaction score
Kudos to Mary! She doesn't look old enough to have accomplished all that, even with her early start.

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
Thanks annie...yeah 27 now??

I know what you meant Lord :heheh: Let me know what you think of the clips later.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bringzip

Members online