Muse (Official Thread)

ILoveJimmyPage

Reaction score
Re: Muse, the official thread !

I remember mentioning their Exogenesis Symphony to you when I was relatively new to the forum still Pops realizing your love for classical. Didn't know you were a fan though. :D

I think it was songs like Resistance that made that album tolerable by their hardcore fans but the classical elements Bellamy worked into the album threw a lot of people off. Sort of reminds me of when Zeppelin went kind of "jazzy" on ITTOD. :bonk: With it being my first album of theirs I enjoyed it and even once called it my favorite but after purchasing a few of their others I hope they'll keep with a somewhat similar formula that they used on Black Holes and Revelations. That album is killer.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

^^I've got all of their albums Jen...and like them fine. I can't say I'm an expert like Tray though, I have listened to their albums a few times and would have to play them again to refresh my memory...:peek

The result of age and more music in the hoard than I know what to do with I'm afraid...:heheh:

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score

I'm very much looking forward to a departure from the kind of album that "The Resistance" was. I didn't like how poppy it sounded in comparison to all of their previous album. I'm not excited for a more gentle album but I would probably enjoy it more than it's predecessor.

ILoveJimmyPage

Reaction score
Not sure if this will kill anyones enthusiasm for the upcoming album, but I read that Matt Bellamy says the new album is going to try to incorporate some new influences, one of those being electronic music and another being brass players. :think:

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score
Oh so they're going back to trying to be Radiohead again? I honestly didn't have too much enthusiasm for it from everything I've already heard so whatever.

Tray73

இڿڰۣ-ڰۣ—
Reaction score
I've heard a lot of rumours about what it's going to be like, especially that it's going to be an album of soft songs. Not keen on the sound of electronics being incorporated, I hope it's very limited if that's the case. I'll go with brass instruments, if anything it'll be interesting :)

Tray73

இڿڰۣ-ڰۣ—
Reaction score
Found an interesting Muse mash-up. Uprising Vs the novelty 80's pop record by The Timelords (KLF), Doctorin' The Tardis. First time I heard Uprising it immediately reminded me of Dr Who :)

ILoveJimmyPage

Reaction score
AWESOME! Thanks so much Tray. I see the new album finally has a name too... "The 2nd Law". :think:

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score
I like this much more than anything off of "The Resistance". It sounds more like the Absolution/Black Holes period of their career and I much prefer that to their newer direction.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Murphy_orrest

Members online

No members online now.