Muse (Official Thread)

Prime

Daydreaming
Reaction score
Re: Muse, the official thread !

Just found my copy of Black Holes and Revelations. Can't remember the last time I listened to it, or this band. May give it a spin. Though, I think a majority of people only really liked the album for Supermassive Black Hole and Knights of Cydonia. Not saying they're bad songs, but the album was really hyped due to those two songs, imo.

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score

I know that "Starlight" was always a much bigger deal than "Knights of Cydonia" when that album came out when I was in high school. I'm quite a fan of the opener "Take a Bow" though. :D

Prime

Daydreaming
Reaction score

Love the opener, i'm quite fond of Map of the Problematique myself:

ILoveJimmyPage

Reaction score

Tray! I remember you saying this was your favorite band so I decided to check them out, and can I just say I am OBSESSED now? And this is coming from someone who, for the most part, loves their classics! It may be because I am brand new to Muse, but The Resistance is one of the best albums I've bought in a long, long time! I think my favorites are Undisclosed Desires and United States of Eurasia/Collateral Damage (so far), and I love the infusion of classical music staples into this album. Genius!

I also picked up Absolution but have not given it too much of an in-depth listen as of yet, but so far I absolutely adore Blackout! Incredible find. This forum is really opening up my music tastes like no one has ever been able to. :grinthumb

I will definitely be picking up all of their albums!

annie

metal maniac
Reaction score

Tray! I remember you saying this was your favorite band so I decided to check them out, and can I just say I am OBSESSED now? And this is coming from someone who, for the most part, loves their classics! It may be because I am brand new to Muse, but The Resistance is one of the best albums I've bought in a long, long time! I think my favorites are Undisclosed Desires and United States of Eurasia/Collateral Damage (so far), and I love the infusion of classical music staples into this album. Genius!

Thank you miss P. Good to know that I am not the only one that feels that way.

ILoveJimmyPage

Reaction score

Wow! Now I know why I was drawn to United States of Eurasia! I just read that it's a tribute to Queen. I definitely caught the similarities when I first heard it, and sure enough, I later found out that little tidbit of info. :grinthumb

Tray73

இڿڰۣ-ڰۣ—
Reaction score

Yay, Jen, that's great to hear :tup: It's also refreshing to hear somebody have such positive things to say about The Resistance, as it was slated by a lot of people. Although not my favourite, I really like the album, and I couldn't believe, when I first heard Collateral Damage, that my favourite classical piece was being played - icing on the cake :)

If you ever get a chance to see them live, I highly recommend it - they are phenomenal live. I'm keeping my fingers crossed Kate Hudson (Matthew's having a sproglet with her) doesn't do a Yoko, and screw things up on the Muse-front as I suspect she can be a tad controlling!

annie

metal maniac
Reaction score

Yay, Jen, that's great to hear :tup: It's also refreshing to hear somebody have such positive things to say about The Resistance, as it was slated by a lot of people. Although not my favourite, I really like the album, and I couldn't believe, when I first heard Collateral Damage, that my favourite classical piece was being played - icing on the cake :)

If you ever get a chance to see them live, I highly recommend it - they are phenomenal live. I'm keeping my fingers crossed Kate Hudson (Matthew's having a sproglet with her) doesn't do a Yoko, and screw things up on the Muse-front as I suspect she can be a tad controlling!

If you like classical, you should like Exogenesis, a fully orchestrated symphony divided into three movements about mankind leaving Earth and populating another planet. Really beautiful and very imaginative story. Highly recommended.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IsisOFlynn

Members online