Muse (Official Thread)

ILoveJimmyPage

Reaction score
Listened to Black Holes - REALLY good as well! One of my favorite tracks from it:

Looking forward to getting more albums in the upcoming months~~ I am really digging this band and don't know why I didn't check them out before!!

Yes, I was very surprised at how easily I took to their music too. I don't get the criticism of them either. They're often times put in the same boat as Coldplay and Radiohead and people can be very cruel. I guess having a song on the Twilight soundtrack doesn't help though. :heheh:

I may need to pick up something. Ultimate recommendation?

Black Holes and Revelations. Most fans like Absolution too. It's pretty good, but Black Holes is a masterpiece. Ever heard "Knights of Cydonia"?

:bow:

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score
I may need to pick up something. Ultimate recommendation?

I know a lot of people favor "Absolution" and "Black Holes..." like Jen I still much prefer their first two albums, "Showbiz" and "Origin of Symmetry". They were darker and less reserved on those records and I like that more out of them.

One of my favorites from their debut, "The Cave"...

Tray73

இڿڰۣ-ڰۣ—
Reaction score
^^^ The title track from Showbiz gives me the goosebumps - I absolutely adore it.

MP, even though my personal favourite by Muse is Black Holes, as a first album for you I'd recommend Origin of Symmetry.

Kuaizi

Reaction score
Just got Origin of Symmetry - a lot of great stuff,,, I love the basslines like in this:

Might have to get the other two albums as well... after all they are on sale on amazon for 5 bucks right now for download, so I think I may just have to pull the trigger on the others!

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score
^^^ The title track from Showbiz gives me the goosebumps - I absolutely adore it.

That's my favorite Muse song period. It's just all about the build as it goes from the simple drum beat to soaring high notes both from the guitar and the vocals. :good

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score
Uh......no thank you. At first I thought it was really dramatic and cool but then it went sour. It's like a dubstep rendition of everything I hate about "Supermassive Black Hole". I do not approve. :nw:

Tray73

இڿڰۣ-ڰۣ—
Reaction score
I would have much preferred it without the inclusion of Metal Mickey & all those hideous skreeching noises (is that what they call dubstep?!), oh and that woman babbling on about God knows what, do love the dramatic, symphonic, dubstep-free parts though :)

Kuaizi

Reaction score
Yeah - I don't mind those parts as much as you guys, but I'm kind of hoping that this song fits in between a couple of others to make it "fit." It really doesn't work that well as a single but I can see it flowing within an album.

Tray73

இڿڰۣ-ڰۣ—
Reaction score
New single just unveiled...

I'm very sad to say this does pretty much zero for me, and I don't even see it growing on me. And what does Bono think he's doing hijacking the song after the 4 min mark!!

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SusanStone

Members online