Most Overrated Bands of the 1980's!

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score
I own one CD for when I run out of Tylenol PM on work nights. :heheh:
I had one CD too and I'm pretty sure it was last seen as a target on the wall at a place I used to work at that we had an air-compressor nail gun. We did that to a number of CD's one night after work and after about a case of beer in the parking lot.

:bigw:

F

FoxyPage

Judas Priest, Van Halen, 80's Black Sabbath, Ozzy, Dokken, Whitesnake, 80'S kiss, AC/DC, tesla, Poison, Def Leppard
Ratt etc... yeah I get the fun party aspect but that stuff just gives me a headache.

Damn, dude, that stings.

Aktivator

aka Hightea
Reaction score
I don't really post in these threads but "very large" lists do disturb me :heheh:
well when I see 7 pages of posts of bands I liked I figured I would even the thread in one post. :heheh:

In all truth if I could listen to those bands if I had too compared to the real crap. MIchael Bolton, New Kids of the Block and New Edition.

Flower

retired
Reaction score
I'm always amazed (but I guess that I shouldn't be) when anyone is upset because another person doesn't like a band (or anything else) that they like themselves.

I just sigh and move on ...

It can be interesting to see who likes or dislikes certain bands and if someone who seems to like many of the same things that I like, backs something that I don't listen to, I might give this band/group (whatever) another try.

We are all allowed our personal likes and dislikes and I don't care who agrees or disagrees with me as I'm here to learn and have fun.

Sorry for the rant .. carry on ...

Last edited:

Aktivator

aka Hightea
Reaction score
I'm always amazed (but I guess that I shouldn't be) when anyone is upset because another person doesn't like a band (or anything else) that they like themselves.

i'm not upset people like what they like.

Flower

retired
Reaction score
My comments were not directed at any one person ... It just seems that people on any forum like to debate on bands and all too often things hit a level where things get annoying to the other posters.

It is rare that I'd even read a debate between others unless the topic really hold an interest for me.

People (in general) are too sensitive about things that they like or don't like and many can't move on or let things drop after they've made their points.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
I had to admit AK, I was a little taken aback by the "Scale" of your post and the bands you don't care for...but you didn't cross any lines and I kind of laughed when I read the list of bands that give you a headache, that I enjoy.:heheh:

I am with Blossom, I mean Flower, ;) in some rare cases I will give a band I don't care for another listen because of the exchanges in threads like this one, and again they do serve a purpose, it's better to have a "Negative" thread to rant about who you don't like rather than have people running around to individual band threads saying "They Suck". Although I am very open minded, that one phrase irritates me more than any other and almost always causes hard feelings.

Aktivator

aka Hightea
Reaction score
I had to admit AK, I was a little taken aback by the "Scale" of your post and the bands you don't care for...but you didn't cross any lines and I kind of laughed when I read the list of bands that give you a headache, that I enjoy.:heheh:
ah but look at all the bands we both like LG. :grinthumb
that's the thing there are so many bands out there sooner or later you going to find common ground. :D

I agree LG I stay out of individual band threads of bands I don't like unless I have an interesting story or something about the band that might interest some.

I should probably stay out of these threads also but I can't resist. :heheh:
plus some of the comments are too funny.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Craqdi

Staff online

Members online